Should I cut them off?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cold Play, Dec 9, 2011.

1. I have about 3-4 leaf sets that suffered from underwatering though all the other leave sets are fine.
    The leave sets that were effected were cringed and one looked almost dead but still green. The other 3 look dieing. They are all now getting yellow pretty fast I'd say about 40% is yellow right now on all sets.
    Should I cut them off? Could it of been nute burn (I did 1/4 strength last water with success and 1/2 strength last watering 4 days ago)? They are blocking leaves below because they droop so much.
    Please give some advice blades :/

2. well if they dont bounce back a few hours after you watered them and they are just hanging there like dead weight, than yeah cut them off.

3. #3 blulitez, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    Just leave them on. If there is any green, your baby is still using it. When the plant is done with them, they'll fall off. :cool:

4. Hmm lol both different answers.
    To answer the first poster, the leaves have not sprung up. But to bluelitez, yes there is still some green on the leaves.

5. If they have lost their turgidity well after the rest of the plant recovered, they are useless to the plant. The leaves can still be green, but if this happens the plant would have severed it's connection to the leaf. Therefore, it will eventually brown.

You have to judge if the turgor will recover, because if you don't think it will, pull em off.

-OSUB

6. Green is good! No need to worry there Mr. Play.

7. here is a plant with no turgor. this is an extreme example, but you can tell some of those leaves are green but will not recover when watered.

[​IMG]

i know it kinda sounds like im speaking a different language. sorry, ill try to put into (southpark chinese voice) iingwish. here is a link to a site to learn all about turgor & how severe wilting can result in death.

Plant Cell Walls-5

8. Oh yeah, that isn't coming back. I kinda thought that's what you were talking about OSU. Just happened to some purple sage I was trying to save from a hydro-to-soil transplant.

CP, how exactly do the leaves look? Like this pic or do they look more alive?