Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I cut down smoking for my gf

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ross470, Mar 31, 2013.

1. I've started smoking most days even with my pregnant gf, she doesn't smoke and i smoke in a different room. She asked me not to have a smoke today should i cut down or keep packing them bowls. Would like to hear if anyone else has been in this dilemma..... Happy smoking people! :)

2. Since you haven't elaborated as to why she is acting this way (suddenly or not, due to pregnancy or financial reasons, worries over inhaling smoke, etc.), it's rather difficult for anyone to accurately chime in here.

3. listen toyyour lady. she is carrying your child.

4. Pfft I wouldn't cut down. Ask her what problems it's causing? Assuming its not really causing any.

5. doesnt sound like she is asking you to stop completely but just to take a day off, that shouldn't be difficult ... hopefully you can make it through one day as she is spending 9 months making undesirable decisions

6. Why cut down YOUR drug use on somebody else's wish lol

Seems silly to me.

Seems the only reason girlfriends say that to their boyfriend is really to try and control their life.

7. I suppose if you smoke everyday you maybe could try and cut down a bit. But if your already where you want to be in your use then don't change It for nobody if its not effecting people.

8. I wouldn't necessarily cut down the use, just do it away from her, like not even in the same house, persay tell her you're going to go pickup a coffee, but go smoke and grab one after or something like that just so it's away from her.

9. I second this.

10. If you're smoking everyday in the house, in a room that she eventually goes into you might want to take it outside.
    If you have a porch or something in the front/back of your house you can chill on, do that.
    Just bring your bowl, bubbler, joint, blunt, or whatever you wanna smoke out of and go outside. You don't want weed around her baby, that would make 9 months of work go to waste if something would go wrong because of it.

Just respect her proposal for you to stop for a day haha. You don't have to quit though

11. because it is the fucking mother of his childs wish and not just "somebody else's wish"

its not unreasonable to think she may want to spend time with the OP rather than have him sit in a room by himself and smoke weed. as she sits alone taking care of a child not even born yet.

asking you to stop for ONE FUCKING DAY is far from trying to control your life. GROW THE FUCK UP and do what makes the women growing your child happy.

if you cant make this decision on your own you are gonna have one hell of a time trying to raise a kid.

12. Just tell her whatever she wants to hear, stress is very bad for pregnant women. Could lose the baby if she gets too stressed out. Make her happy.

13. it takes 2 seconds to go in a room, smoke weed and come back out..

you're making it sound like he's sitting in a room by himself all day while she's slaving away.

OP: did she give you a reason? If it's a good reason and you feel as though you wanna cut back.. then go for it.

14. how is this making a decision on his own?
    he's being told to cut down, he isn't making his own decision..

15. Just take it outside, away from her.

16. get a vaporizer? isnt exactly smoking...

17. i say stop smoking for you, not just for her. Im pretty sure im killing my lungs i smoke a LOT.. plus im diabetic and being in my bio class woke me up to the dangers of diabetes paired with smoking etc... now ive been recently making hash butters which work so fucking good and its nice having days where my lungs dont feel singed / full of gunk). Plus it gets me waaaay more stoned :p lol

18. sounds like she lets him smoke almost whenever he feels.stoping one day shouldbt be hard. she asked him not to have a smoke just for today. smoking all day is what he is making it sound like ..."should i keep packing them bowls?" sounds like multiple bowls over a period of time. just because you can smoke a bowl in 2 seconds and be back in a room doesn't mean your not making her feel alone. she is probably discouraged he cant stop smoking for one day to spend time with her, what will he do when the baby is here? women get seriously worried and worked up about things like this. so why not sacrifice one day to make her happy.

its not that difficult to stop for a day. if you truly cared about this person and respect her you would listen to her and help with her needs.

19. he comes to GC and makes a forum asking "should i cut back or keeping packing them bowls?"

in what way is that not asking people to help him make a decision?

just because he wasn't originally gonna question wether or not to smoke today and now he has to doesn't mean that he isn't making a a decision on his own. at the end of the day he will have smoked a bowl or not. a decision will have been made all on his own with his big boy pants on.

i guess asking someone to stop for one day isn't a big deal to me and should be an easy choice to make when the person who is asking is growing your damn baby. i smoke a couple g's a day and would gladly go a day without lighting up if my regularly bodied GF asked me this nicely not too.

i know i came out the gate a little strong with my opinion about this but the only reason i was so opinionated is because it sounds like you have a great girl who normally lets you smoke pretty much as you feel without given you shit about it, kinda hard to come by those women. id just stop for the day so this issue doesn't get extended into tomorrow and so on and eventually become an actual problem.

I'm all about letting people do what makes them happy and if the OP feels the need to light up some buddah today then so be it.

im just giving my personal opinion which he asked for and actually explaining it rather than just attacking others who have posted.

20. smh, i disagree. I DONT GIVE A FLYING RAT'S ass if she's carrying my child. Im not stopping for NO ONE! Next time get a Girl that smokes weed