Should I clone yet and from where? WITH PICS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tripleduece249, Aug 21, 2012.

1. These are grown from seed and are about 7 weeks old. They have been in these 1 gallon grow bags for about 3 weeks and need to be transplanted again. I would have thought I would have some potential branches for cloning by now but to me it doesn't seem like I have any branches with enough nodes.

I tried to get some shots of the growth along the stem showing all the shoots coming from fan leaf branches. Are these shoots where I am going to eventually grab clones from? This is my first grow so I have no clue. I've read allot on cloning techniques but have no hands on experience.

My plan is to get some clones from these and turn a couple into bonsai moms and SOG the rest.

Attached Files:

2. You can find some really good cloning videos on you-tube that show exactly where to cut.

3. What I meant by this is I have seen videos and read illustrated books on cloning but they are always of well established mothers.

Never seen one where someone is cloning for the first time off a young plant. More or less what I'm looking for is a visual of what a plant just old enough to clone off of should look like. Its sounds weird I guess but I can't really ask how old the plant should be since they all grow at different rates.

4. as soon as you have a branch with like 1 or 2 smal leafes on the stem you can clone. cut the leafs off exept for the ones at the end cut it close to the main stem cut it at a 45 angle and dip it in water to be sure no air gets into the stem. dip it in root promoter if you got it else just stick it in a dirt cube or a seedling box and keep under a humidifying dome. i sometimes use the top of my plants when i top them and that has worked. what has helped me the most is saying a little prayr to bob marleys ghost. he is the god of clones. Good luck.

5. Those hardly have any side branches. If you have time, top or fim them, and in a week you'll have loads of choices.

6. You can top that plant pretty much anywhere along its main stem. Your looking for at the very minimum 3 nodes. So I would count down to say node 5 from the top, cut below it say just above node 6. Then clip leaves from nodes of 4 and 5 and cut a 45 directly across node 5. Scrape stem a bit dip in gel/powder and into your media of choice.

That being said cloning from seed it is best to wait till about 2 months old and showing preflowers to make sure you have mature plant.

Plants at 6 months old have higher thc content than younger plants.

7. Thanks for the replies guys. Up until this point I have been practicing the art of LITFA. It's been rough. Think I have a plan now.