Should I clean my pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Tha Professor, Feb 20, 2010.

1. So I've had this pipe for almost a full year now and am wondering if I should clean it. I love the fact that the build up of resin gets you blitzed, but I would also love a clean hit just as much.

I dunno GC, what do you think?

2. Scrape as much resin out as you can, roll it into a ball, smoke it, then clean it.

3. stole this off of yahoo answers thing
    not so sure about smoking resin

4. Having resin build up in the pipe isn't going to make you any more high when you smoke out of it.
    You're still just smoking the weed in the bowl, unless you're taking dry resin hits.

If you really want to smoke the resin, scrape it out and save it to smoke, and then clean your bowl with some iso+salt. ;)

The only thing the resin is doing in the pipe, is making your bowl harder to hit. :p

5. I clean my pipes once a week, and my bong after every sesh. If you like the res, scrape it and clean em. Since I've been able to find and afford bud I stay clear of the res. But there is no lie, it'll get you a buzz.

6. people need to stop telling other people to smoke resin. i clean my pipes once every 2 or 3 weeks because i like looking at clean glass. fresh herb in a freshly cleaned pipe tastes way better than in a resin clogged pipe anyway

7. The OP was the one who stated he likes the resin in the pipe, we're only giving opinions. ;)

Whether to smoke resin or not is a matter of opinion, some do it, others don't. No big deal. :p

8. /thread pretty much. About to go get iso+salt right now actually.

Thank you Junkiedays
    ;)

9. I have a friend like this, has a little ceramic pipe that he uses all the time and never ever cleans it. He says he uses the resin as a screen to clog up the bigger hole so the bud didnt fall down thru the bigger hole. Pretty dirty if ya ask me.

10. does anyone else like having resin in the actual bowl part?? I do because it holds the weed in better (more friction? stickier?)

I do not use it to clog up a hole though. The hole in my bowl is small enough.

11. man i may just be a neat freak, but I clean my pipe after almost every use

12. Having resin in your bowl gets you less high...also makes the hits takes like shit...the resin buildup in the pipe attracts more resin to stick to it, basically the dirtier your piece the more dirty it is going to become. I clean my piece after every smoke session.