Should I chop her down?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Anonymous710, Aug 26, 2021.

1. I don't talk about people behind their back, that's why I tagged you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. you paged me to tell me that you don't agree and that you aren't talking to me.
    k, do me a favor from now on, just go ahead and talk behind my back.

@Anonymous710 I've run into similar problems before man. This was a chocolate lava that was too close to the light,
    upload_2021-8-26_23-39-38.png
    She was harvested the same day that picture was taken. The smoke was an anxiety driven jaw clench.
    Enjoy your smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Those poor girls. I can see that early harvest being a rough paranoid ride. I still think original poster should attempt a save while watching closely for mold. Never know till you try. I am glad so many good responses. I learn from all of them..even the haters.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Also, I'd like to keep away from the look at the trichome for the answer game. Although there is some information that can be garnered from the opacity of the trichome, many different patterns exist, so that sometimes, clear goes to color skipping opaque, or that you just don't see it.
    Let's try to look at the data, as presented in 'THE PROPAGATION, CHARACTERISATION AND OPTIMISATION OF CANNABIS SATIVA L AS A PHYTOPHARMACEUTICAL A thesis submitted by David Potter JP MIBiol CBiol FLS CMIOSH In fulfilment of the requirement for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
    I would like to draw the reader's attention to pg 98, where this table is found:
    upload_2021-8-26_23-59-12.png
    Notice that these same clones between weeks 6-10, all produced the same amount of THC plus or minus 1% of the total. That's what the reality is. There is a ~3 week window that the THC is optimal, and according to the table, the higher amounts are nearer the beginning of the harvest window (although statistics would toss out this claim).
    Progressively over time, the amount of THC diminished, probably due to the breakdown of THC that has been stored.
    Therefore, again, I do not feel that harvesting a plant early (say at @Anonymous710's plants stage) will be detrimental. What will affect it is mold, bad curing (or impatient curing), oxidation, and similar problems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. :D yes :D but this isn't necessarily a bad thing
    I did suggest a top half harvest...
    IME, weakened plants like that are more susceptible to mold, and once that happens, well, that's it, its not psycho weed, its to-the-garbage-with-that-weed, and I don't think anyone wants that for anon710

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. No we do not want the man misled. Mold is my biggest fear. I have lost a beautiful master kush to it. My fault. I did not open her enough to air out. Paid for being lazy. I am right in the end of a 3 stage harvest on a HUGE gg4. Popcorns on bottom are filling out and ripening. All to be used in rso. Only keep the big beautiful buds as flower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gg #4 used to be quite hard to find... Not sure if that's still the case or not but I'd consider cloning it!

8. Many people will acquire dissonance when their prize plant develops mold and they decide 'its still ok'. But its not ok and most people don't understand what aflatoxin is. I want to get a 365nm light just to keep aware; its even found in people's food :/
    ANyhow, yea, I've lost few crops to mold and learned the hard way. I use heavily filtered air in my grow room and sometimes irradiated the harvested crop with UVC. Got pics? imma check your channel...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I have some gg4 clones going and the big mother in 3rd stage of harvest. I hit the clones too hard last week or so light but dimmed and recovering nicely. You know how that let me push a little more par thing on beautiful buds goes..lol. I am a retired Butcher with 36 years paid in full after serving. MOLD and any other type of bacteria or virul infection should NOT be consumed in anything. Especially direct infusion to blood stream via inhalation. BAD BAD BAD. The big girl was 2 times as big. She took up a whole 4x4 area. I got the try staging it advice up here. After weighing all comments i tried. SUCCESS!!

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. yes I see now, second cropping. Its too bad they don't keep growing from there, should make some nice oil.
    You know though, there's a company called Trait that is working on plants that you just keep cropping? I don't know if they achieved their goal or what is going on with them now though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I also filter IN through 6"carbon filter. Out with 8" dimmable fan..friggin expensive sigh..mated to 8" carbon. I smoke tobacco and the room will recycle air faster than the cigarette will put it out. My negative flow on tent pulls CRAZY on the tent at half speed. 4x8 this 1. I have 3 staging from clone/seedling to veg to flower. Runs same way i ran my shops. Almost ZERO work at all. I am a medical user and the gg4 has worked well so i cloned 1 bean. On 6th round of clones. 1.5 years learning her. I do auto as filler when i get veg happy with the girls. They grow well in 20 gal fabric pots.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 3rd cropping and they HAVE gained weight. I am surprised. Fed her some calmag and booster 1/34/32. Going on vacation. Excited to see them next saturday at harvest. If a bit amber..well..medical user

• Like Like x 2
  13. My intake is something like 1200 CFM (? its on low) so I opt'd killing my exhaust. I just let the filtered air circulate throughout my house... but I don't have to worry about the smell. tbh, I've never grown GG#4, but I suppose I should give it a try :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. THIRSTY girls. And i really mean that. Hate a ton of light. LOVE 80-84 and i stay right on 45-50% all the time. Thc percentage is off the chart bit makes super hash/oils/edibles

• Like Like x 2