Should I chop her down?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Anonymous710, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Her reservoir was out of water for 8 hours and all her leaves crisped up! She was just about done and then this happens! Is she done now?

Attached Files:

2. sure, why not?

• Like Like x 1
  3. She still has white hairs lol.... I'm sure tho I probably wrecked all her available solar panels! OK what would you do?

• Like Like x 1
  4. bro, i gave u a generic response, but ...
    It looks like a major K deficiency going on, or the lights are too bright, and I've burned plants before, but the smoke was still delectable, so its not a total loss.
    What did you feed them during the end? How much lighting were they receiving?
    Again, like I said, they aren't going to improve, but its still salvageable.
    One thing you can do is hack off the tops and leave the bottom mature more.

upload_2021-8-25_18-6-41.png
    the pH meter you are using is not too reliable. Could that be the problem?
    Is the solution too saline? too many nutes? too little? An EC/TDS reading (and monitoring) could help...
    upload_2021-8-25_18-8-40.png
    taking notes, runoff comparisons, pH comparisons...
    Your plant seems like a potassium deficiency, but that's hardly possible because K is absorbed at quite a broad range, or maybe another element locked it out? Otherwise, I'd just have to presume photoburn.

The smoke itself, if the trichomes aren't too affected, then cropping clear>amber is going to be a psycho high; I like that kind of smoke sometimes, hypes me up.

5. Don't worry about the white hairs, that smoke will get you high. Take some more pictures for us, the harvest pictures, I want to see some closeups too. I think you will be pleasantly surprised ;)

6. OK definitely!

7. The buds look fine, and this literally happened within less than 12 hours! I looked at her when I got home and my heart dropped! Before she just had major nute burn, then I find her reservoir empty, fill it up and overnight and later in the day I check to feed and she looks like this...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thinking about it now did she consume a concentrated amount of nutes due to the low water in the res?

9. I showed u a glimpse of my notebook on purpose. Do you own an EC or TDS meter?

10. yea looking at your pics, lots of trichomes, going to be hyperdrive weed ! good job 710

11. Thanks ! My tds meter actually broke... I bought a cheap model and the humidity shorted it cuz I left it in the tent....this the plant a week before. So you think I should chop her down or does she have some life left in her?

Attached Files:

12. Well its happened so now all can do is try. I would remove the dead shit. All of it. Calmag her and ph that thing low 6. No nutes. Cannabis can be saved with love. It is a weed..i have saved worse. No yield really sometimes but more than in trash. If hasnt molded then it is shocked to hell and if she recovers will be strong. If it is an auto you are aboit done. In my opinion. Killed a few...sigh. nothing like dead in 3-4 days to make you experiment.

13. Yea shes an auto! All the buds are green theirs no bud rot but yea guessing I'll chop her down!

14. Whenever I've had that problem I trim the fans off and see if they will finish. I do it when my plants are done and I want a even tan

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. So trim the fan leaves and keep a close eye on her?

16. Don't chop yet, she will surprise you. Clean her up a bit but try to not bruise the trichomes. There are plenty of green leaves in the interior and will continue to photosynthesize providing energy for the plant to finish.
    Relax and be glad you have not chopped yet, I HOPE.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. and I 100% don't give a shit.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. I wasn't talking to you. Jot that down in your notebook.

19. I'm not quite sure what you guys are trying to achieve by pushing this issue. The plant is Kdef'd and photoburned, and you may disagree @Pistils but you don't give any advice or suggestions.
    So go ahead and listen to anyone you want @Anonymous710, but the fact of the matter is I'm not going to blow smoke up your azz. If you continue to prolong the event, then you will undoubtedly get a good amount of mold involved on the weakened plant.
    then don't page me and keep your negativity to yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1