Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

should i buy this awesome looking pipe?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SmileywhenHIGH, Sep 26, 2012.

1. #1 SmileywhenHIGH, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    BEFORE!!!!!!!! before you start making comments about how stupid i am (if i even am for posting this) i just started smoking 2 months ago and dont have a clue about pipes likes this. can someone tell me if i should buy it? i obviously intend to buy it for weed but i think its a tobacco pipe
    here is a picture i found of it on google:
    http://www.collectpipes.com/assets/images/productimages/mps046.jpg
    its gonna cost me $20 only so its a good deal but can it even be used for weed? (im sorry for being such a newbie)
    just search on google for "tobacco pipe zeus"

2. btw is it even good to smoke weed out of tobacco pipes likes this? does it burn up faster, does it taste different, does it break or not last long for some reason? if there are deffect to it please let me know

3. your not stupid man , if you like it get it. yea you can use it for weed but you'll be able to taste the weed better with a glass pipe.

4. Shit looks funky to me, like smoking unfinished porcelain or something. I really don't see why not to get it though. I've found some good glass for around 20$ though, you should keep looking for a better pipe imo.

5. There won't be any difference. You can smoke weed from any pipe you please. Actual tobacco pipes tend to have bigger and deeper bowls since you load a lot more tobacco into a bowl than you would weed. I would honestly just spend that 20 bucks on a glass bowl that is more fit for weed. It's your call though, it will work, but it could be a pain if indeed that bowl is much bigger like it should be.

6. lulz that looks like a greek god or something,
    the concrete effect!

purchase that ASAP then upload pics of it filled with ganj.
    xx

7. No... but then again it's not my taste.

8. It would work me and my friends have smoked weed out of corn-cob pipes frosty the snowman style and those things tore. If anything straight up tobacco pipes rip harder IMO.

9. i probably will end up buying it and i guess i'll upload a bunch of pics of it with weed:D good idea. just follow up on my account for the thread where i post it.

10. thanks, man. your info really helped me in my decision (im buying it)

11. so what kind of problems would a bigger bowl like this represent?
    (here are pics of the bowl and such)
    CHURCHWARDEN ZEUS Meerschaum Smoking Pipes w Case Pipa Pfeife Tobacco New AG-305 | eBay

12. #12 Doobie J, Sep 26, 2012
    Haha right on! That thing is sweet me and my friend actually smoked out of one of his grandpa's tobacco pipes (we call it the Royal Duke) and that thing tore like no other. If you wanted to throw a little tobaccy in there these pipes are good for that too. Not my style personally but to each his own :cool:

13. Well since the bowl is much deeper, you're either going to have to pack a LOT more weed in the bowl, or you won't really be able to light it well because the flame won't be able to reach fully to the bottom. If anyone has tried doing this, they would know what I'm talking about. I've got a tobacco pipe that I've used weed in, and it did in fact hit hard as hell, but it was a pain in the ass to light because the weed was so far down in the bowl.

Oh and by the way, why does that link say the pipe is $80? Haha that's insane. It's pretty cool though. You could find some sick glass though too. I would buy that pipe, but I'd advise for you to do some research as to see what else is out there. You'll be surprised at what you could find, man. :cool:

14. This guy knows;)

15. Glass tastes way better than those pipes.they start to taste weird.my friend had one.the bowls are too big for weed as well imo

16. yea it seems like tobacco pipes arent popular for weed cuz i cant find a single video of anyone smoking weed out of a pipe! haha the only reason why im considering a tobacco pipe for weed (which the name itself suggest that its not for weed) is because its the only thing i can get my hands on at the moment sadly but i'll get a glass pipe soon enough:smoke:

17. #17 TokinUp, Sep 26, 2012
    [quote name='"SmileywhenHIGH"']yea it seems like tobacco pipes arent popular for weed cuz i cant find a single video of anyone smoking weed out of a pipe! haha the only reason why im considering a tobacco pipe for weed (which the name itself suggest that its not for weed) is because its the only thing i can get my hands on at the moment sadly but i'll get a glass pipe soon enough:smoke:[/quote]

I got my first piece of glass at the gas station.go into the gas stations and liquor stores and ask if they have any pipes.they probly do.you can get 1 for 2o or less and it will taste better.youre gnna want some glass soon anyways.

18. if its looks awesome and u know it wont break after only smoking 3 times outa it then yes get it.u can get awesome and durable pipes i have a dugout ive had since high school still works(dugouts a 1 hitter with a grinder so u can grind it down and just load a 1 hitter) and looks like a cig ppl bash metal pipes but they always cry there glass ones break,it doesnt take a genius to know glass breaks,metal doesnt.and just cause it looks awesome dont mean it is,u could buy it and it may hit funny or clog easy so always inspect what yur buying first yur gonna be using it alot i know so u might as well gets one that looks awesome and will last a while

19. but should i still buy it considering its a tobacco pipe (btw im either gonna buy it or not tomorrow)

20. Glass is the way to go. I bought a giant 45$ native American looking pipe that looked sick but it was a huge mistake as it was poor quality and broke within a couple weeks. Most glass pipes are pretty reliable especially if your gonna drop 20 bucks on it.