Should I buy or Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NeedWeed99, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Hey All,

I smoke regularly -- about once per day. :smoke: I use a vape, though, so go through my stash pretty slowly.

I don't have a great supplier, but, can arrange to get some at a relatively high price.

So, should I continue buying or start growing. I'm not really the farmer type. which makes me not want to grow, but, I imagine that the quality might be higher, access better and I have plenty of room.

Thoughts?

2. Depends on where ya live

3. Hmmm. Good point.

I live in the mid-west, but, would be growing indoors.

4. you can do a test run, with just 1-4 plants. collect all the seeds you get from your baggies from now on, just incase you ever do want to.

5. sounds like you're better off just buying it from a dealer.

6. Give it a shot. Growing is more fun than you might think. You don't have to be a "farmer type". If you're the science or electrician type, that will be more help indoors anyway, lol.

7. Growing is a lot of work, and it is hard to stress how important having a good setup is. Just make sure that you have everything researched and ready to go beforehand. I would recommend starting on some small autoflowers, they generally only grow a foot, or two feet tall and yield around an ounce, however, people do get a lot more. These are nice because they can handle 24 hours of light until harvest, but I recommend 20/4.

Your enclosure is also very important. The top reasons people get caught is from, telling people, and from smell. If you can set up a carbon scrubber or some filter setup then it will definitely be worth your while, and you shouldn't have any problems, even in the midwest.

Also, look into doing it legally too. If you qualify (which most people can) for medical marijuana or to become a licensed caregiver, you can grow almost all the weed you want.

8. Give it a shot man, i use to live in the midwest and i wish i was able to grow. The prices are way high and the quality is not always that great.

9. That's an easy one...EVERYONE should start growing :) !

Enthusiasm plays a part somewhat I feel also...you have to want to do it to some extent, to have some measure of passion for it. You don't have to promise to marry them, but you do gotta treat em nice or their not gonna put out....

10. why not ? if theres nothing holding you back from growing why not?
    edit; just do a small grow with a few cfls in a closet or something