Should i buy CS:source or half-life 2?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by blazedandcrazed, May 17, 2009.

1. just downloaded steam and am willing to spend 20$ on a game. which of those two should i get? CS:condition zero is only 10$ is it worth it to spend the extra ten bills?

2. yes. css is definately worth the extra money. Do not get cs: cz! If you dont have 1.6, id say get that, its also 10 bucks.

3. I'd get CS:S instead of CZ.

CSS has infinite playability, it's even kind of addictive.
    Just be warned there are alot of people with microphones that are ANNOYING AS FUCK.
    Theres nothing more annoying than a screaming 12 year old using words like "owned" "leet" "pwned" shit like that..

But anyway I would say get CSS because its alot of fun and when you meet some mature players it's a great way to spend some free time.

I wouldn't get 1.6 though, after playing cs:s for so long I can't even play 1.6 and enjoy it.

4. half life 2 tho? not better than css?

5. Just pick up CSS

6. Half-Life 2 is amazing, and CS:S has great replayability. I don't remember how long I was hooked on that game. Now I'm hooked on Team Fortress 2.

7. CSS. But if you dont already have cs 1.6, i would get that

8. i loved CS 1.6 but when i finnaly got around to playing cs:s (admittedly about 3.5 years after its release) i thought it was trash. it just feels so bad, in comparison to cod4.

9. Wait, I must be missing something... I got my copy of CS:S for free when I bought Half Life 2 for the PC when it first came out... Do they no longer do that?

Or are we talking about buying it over steam where they sell them singularly?

But I would definitely NOT buy Counter Strike Condition Zero, it's basically a retooled version of the original CS. And I was definitely a big fan of CS:S when I first played it... though at this point, with no CS experience (I'm assuming you don't have any) it can be a bit hard to acclimate yourself into the game when every person who still plays it is pretty much a pro.

10. everyone being good means you just gotta play forawhile and you will pick ur their skills from spectating them. yes i learned a thing or 2 from pubstars when i was first relearning to play counterstrike(i played up until 1.6 then started back up just this year)

11. CSS comes with Day of Defeat Source and Half Life 2 Deathmatch

12. HL2

css is full of raged kids now a days.