Should i buy a MFLB?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Sceaspit11, Mar 1, 2013.

1. I was thinking about buying a new piece, and realized that i already have enough glass pieces, and that maybe i should buy a vaporizer. I've heard from alot of people that the MFLB is a good choice for its price ($119.99). What are some downsides to the MFLB? what are some things i should know before buying it? should i buy extra batteries or something along the lines of that?

2. The downside to the MFLB is, strictly speaking about vapor production, it is absolutely one of the worst vapes on the market.

It produces very small hits, with fairly labored technique... Those who get used to the technique generally like it, though I would bet you most often its the only vape they have really used much... Coming from a solo/EQ the thing is kinda rediculous IMO.

It REALLY exceeds at stealth and portability though, and has built up quite a cult following because of that. Its a cool little device, and you will see people in here arguing "I don't know what your talking about, it gets me high!"
    Thing is I can get high out of a soda can. There are better ways, especially if your paying the full $120 (you can pick it up online for like $70 these days now that there is so many portables that actually hit good rather then requiring you to sip tiny amounts of vapor.

3. I own a magic flight launch box , it was my first vape , i love it for sentimental reasons , but if i could go back , i would have just bought a arizer solo..
    The new Ascent looks promising , as it looks stealthy, which i want to get for hikes and what not..

4. I second what WhoDis said. I used to use it in the library at college. The biggest downside for me was going through tons of batteries. It wasn't really useable until I spent $30 on rechargable batteries and a fast charger. So now you're in a different price range. It would drain the batteries really fast, too, so I was always switching them out. Got irritating at times.

The stealth factor, however, was second to none. I would have been confident taking it to a movie.

5. YES. Buy "Maha 2700" batteries. They burn hotter. It is worth it no matter how many negative reviews there are, there are more positive ones. I love my mflb and it's lifetime no questions asked warranty. Great little vape, super discreet, no smell, DOES get you ripped. The learning curve isn't that bad you just figure out the best way that works for you.

6. If you can get a used mflb at a big discount go for it, since ti has a lifetime warranty you can get it replaced for free if there is something wrong with it , same for the poweradapter.

7. be aware when buying from sellers that aren't the official website, some like to sand the serial number off the bottom, therefore voiding any warranty you may need.
    the stock batteries on the other hand aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I own the original charger that came with my MFLB and 4 batteries. I could use the batteries and most likely get like 10 - 15 long, deep hits, almost anywhere. In a bathroom? sure. In the gym? sure. At a movie? sure. In your room while your door is open with nonweed friendly people walking by? no problem.

The power adapter, however, turns this little portable unit into a monster when you're around a power outlet. It is essentially a battery that plugs into the wall, and you control the temperature with a dial. I could finish a trench in a few huge hits if I really tried to, but i tend to sit back and chill when I'm vaping. The unit heats up a hell of a lot quicker as well, making the hits more vapor filled. Any vapor that you see when you exhale though, is wasted vapor.

The power adapter alone is amazingly awesome. When combined with the Water Pipe Adapter, I only need one hit of water filtered vapor before I get insanely high. Such massive, cooled hits.

The trench holds about .15 grams at the most, and the weed that's in there should be ground as finely as possible and be as dry as possible. The MFLB vapor production is all about how dry your herb is and how much of it's surface area is exposed to the screen (heating element).

Usually I am able to take a few hits from it then set it aside for later, essentially doubling or even tripling the amount of times I could get high off the same bud. Once the herb is done being vaped, as long as it's not like black, it can be saved an set aside for when you want to smoke it (harsher, but still gets you high), revape it at a higher temperature, make concentrates with it, or even cook with it.

8. As an owner of the mflb + PA as well as an EQ, I would have to say if you have to be discrete get the mflb. Otherwise just get a desktop vape. IMO the mflb + PA cant compare to what my EQ can do. Ive also tried the solo which imo gave much better hits than the mflb for what its worth.

9. Just ordered it, should get here in 3 days and ill find out how it is x)

10. #10 Mister Dank PhD, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
    Honestly, I see so much stuff about small hits, and batteries not lasting that long. I have neither of those problems. I have never used more than the two batteries, and I vaped with my friends. If you get used to the very VERY slight learning curve, you will get so baked off this little guy, trust me man.
    I would buy it, with extra batteries, if you really are worried, and the 1 foot whip, because that comes in handy and it makes it easier.
    Also, the only thing I have trouble with is grinding up the weed fine enough, but even at that, it makes your stash last so much longer.

EDIT: ONLY BUY FROM THE LEGIT WEBSITE. Most of the other sites, and sellers, make knock offs that suck.

11. Curious what other vaporizers you have used?

12. Check out a vapir no2