should i buy a longboard?

Discussion in 'General' started by MonsterRain, Jul 7, 2006.

1. My bro got a unique one off ebay for super cheap. People usually buy stock ones and supe them up and sell them on ebay for pretty cheap. Look there beofre you buy one off a retail site.

Looks good though, great investment.

2. the answer to this post is Yes.

3. #5 Rhythm of Life, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  4. Why did you bump a 3 YEAR OLD thread????

5. haha ...kids these days:rolleyes:

6. what's wrong with sector 9?

7. Its the fact that there are better alternatives, for only a little bit more price. Sector 9 is fine for your first board, but the sad thing about them is the components they all come with. That being gullwing trucks, and sector 9 wheels. The most common S9 board is 180 bucks, you can get a rogers bros DH36 with badass trucks and wheels, for 205. The deck is fucking aluminum! Ive been skating for a year and a half now and currently have 6 boards, and have had like 10, some get sold for other shit. But fuck yeah, longboarding is awesome, one of the best things thats happened in my life. Might sound silly that skateboarding has done that to a person, but its a true passion and brought out some great things in me. :cool:

8. I bought a longboard a while back and have to say I love it. I never had skateboarded much before it and found it much easier to ride. You do have to take good care of it though. I stupidly rode mine in the rain the first day I got it and the board is a little warped, not to mention the bearings aren't very slick either. I'd say it would be a great investment though. Lots of fun, good exercise too. I have a sector 9 myself.

9. Get a expensive one. youll thank me later

10. He does have a point. A very good one. Well, not really a "point" per say, but a good motive and reasoning.

11. dude im a pretty experienced downhill racer from portland, where longboarding is big, and i can tell you than sector nines are overpriced and not the best quality.... go to a skateshop (NOT A ZUMIEZ) and find something there

12. just got my apex 37 from original skateboards and it is the best board i have ever ridden. It is great for begginers because it makes you want to turn and that really is essential to longboarding, you need to be comftorable turning at any speed. They sell now for 200 but buy now before they go out of stock and up 20 bucks

13. Dude easy for you to say, you got Daddies!! I live in SoCal and even here there is nothing in the means of longboarding at shops. You going to Maryhill this year?