Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I buy a $50 grinder?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OG Blaze, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Its a Santa Cruz Shredder black mini 4- piece! It looks and works pretty flawless but idk if I want to drop that much for one

• Like Like x 2
  2. Id just get a new one for that price

3. I've heard nothing but good things about the SCS.

How big is the mini though? I got turned off a mini after realizing they don't hold too much bud.

Are you buying it used? If it's brand new go for it!

4. It is brand new, from the smoke shop. Sorry if i made it sound otherwise. But yeah I'm unsure of how much it can hold, does anyone know?

5. IDK man Are you, Could you be happy with a less expensive one? A better way to ask is do you notice the difference better or worse in this product and a less expensive model?

6. If it's a cool shop you might be able to get tax off, or a small price discount.

I'm sure they will let you mess with one and get a feel for the size before you buy it.

7. Space case all the way

8. So if I can get it $45 or maybee even $40, should I just go ahead and not look back

9. Honestly for me I just needed a grinder so I picked up a 30 dollar one for 15! Nothing special but it gets the job done!

What's the perks of getting a higher end one?

10. Grinders are like 10-20 bucks and work just fine

11. You can get a decent 1ft bong for that price..

I have a metal 4pc grinder, and a plastic 2pc grinder. The free plastic grinder grinds better.

12. #12 dropinbiking, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    I've had those free plastic grinders, I never used it a whole lot. Than a tooth broke off, than I lost it.

I recently got a proper 4-piece Spyral. They retail for $40, but it was free with my bong.

I gotta say, it's great to have a CNC machined grinder, it's nice and sharp, the bud never gets mashed up. The keif catcher is a must if you use your grinder a lot.

I will say though, after busting with scissors for YEARS, a grinder doesn't feel all that necessary. Basically, if that grinder wasn't free, I don't think I would own one.

[​IMG]

13. well scs's are good but i think you would be just as well off getting a sharpstone for around 30.they're super high quality and mine has lasted me almost a year of very heavy use. if you're gonna spend 50 you might as well spend 90 and get a spacecase with a pollen press.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I bought mine for one pound haha, tbh though it is kinda crappy, if I had money to spend I think i would buy it !

15. hell no..you can buy a couple sick ass glass pipes with that kind of money. i would never spend more then $20 on a grinder.

16. You should just buy a grinder with diamond teeth on ebay. It's like 10 bucks, works great!

17. Why would you need a complex grinder like that? All it does in the end is break up bud. Just get a 20 dollar metal one.

18. You should definitely look on eBay. I got one for $50 at a local headshop then found the same one on there for $15.
    Got mine like 4 months ago and the screen already broke last week so I wish I had got it online and paid less. Eh

19. Lmao, yes! My mom has one and it's only ever been used for weed.

Edit: oops, meant to quote the picture of the coffee grinder