Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I be good?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OriginUnknown, Jul 17, 2013.

1. I'm a very casual smoker, I smoke maybe once every 2 weeks, sometimes go a month or so without toking and sometime smoke 2 days in a row, but not that often. I never smoke more than a joint at a time, they are usually pretty small joints as well. Sometimes I just take 2 or 3 hits from my MFLB with a little weed in it.
    I live in Canada and I have a job interview on friday for PetSmart. I Haven't smoked since july 6th and that was only 1 or 2 hits from my mflb with less than a full trench. I know in canada employers aren't really supposed to drug test, but I know some do and I know PetSmart does in the US.
    So in the event I do have a drug test, should I be fine? I'm 5'9, 140 pounds( pretty lanky) and have a pretty high metabolism. I don't work out a lot but I do excercise every now and then. When I reaslized today that I might get drug tested I started to drink a lot of water and I just got off the treadmill running for 32mins/ 3 miles. I'm also going swimming tonight.
    I also should try not to excercise tomorrow/friday because it can bring thc out into my system?

2. I don't know for sure.  If you're not a chronic smoker it gets out of your system pretty fast but still everyones different and that wasn't that long ago you smoked.

Vaping is still pretty concentrated way of smoking.

Best way to find out for sure is to get a piss test from your local drug store. I don't know if they have cvs and walgreens in canada but if they do they should have it for not that much money.

3. There are only certain jobs in Canada that the government mandates a drug test for. Minimum wage at PetSmart is not one of them. I can pretty much guarantee you will not be tested. Other than that, you are likely fine. Since you are not a daily toker you likely don't have a lot of THC in your system, meaning it should be gone from your urine after 3-7 days on average.

4. you should be good man. just drink a lot of water and exercise

5. Not sure but I heard petsmart only drug tests when insurance comes into play, like if an animal injures you.
    I have a friend who works as a groomer and she smoked 6 days before her drug test(that was scheduled because a dog bit her)
    and she is a big lady 250+ and she did what I would normally do (because i told her) she drank tons of water before hand and was fine.