should hunting be illegal if its not to feed you or your family

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by dealwithit, Nov 18, 2011.

1. You can actually eat squirrel, just sayin.

2. [quote name='"Elem3nt17"']Who the hell hunts and doesnt use the meat? :confused: I've never seen someone do that.

Gophers yeah...but game? Hell no, do you know how much meat you can get off a decent sized buck....[/quote]

My moms fiancee and his group of friends. A good chunk of about five guys.

They're out hunting right now actually. They go hunt get their limit get it cleaned and cut and just leave it in their refrigerators because they don't like the taste of deer they just like to kill them.

They are definitely not the only ones that do it either. He goes with a different group of friends every time.

3. Life contains death, deal with it bro. Animals have to die for you to live. You don't like hunting but you would gladly support the supermarket where they get beef from factory farms. Lol

4. That depends, if you're looking for a specific animal that has hurt people and is still a danger to any person or animal around it, by all means find and kill it before it hurts someone else, but hunting for the purpose of only killing or poaching is fucked up.

5. #65 Vicious, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    So kill any animal that isn't a herbivore? Animals eat other animals you know.

There are a lot of people who hunt and leave the animal. Not majority of hunters but it does happen. Maybe if someone went for a kill and it wasn't a good shot and the animal ran but died off and the hunter couldn't find it. Whats worse are people who set up illegal traps that mame the animal and leave to die slowly. A lot of times they won't check the trap before in time and the animal is wasted. This happens way more than you think. People do get caught and can do time for it.

6. #66 dealwithit, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
    how the fuck do you know what i support?
    goddamn some people are just plain dumb

Name-Calling/Disrespect is not allowed here. - KSR

7. What about commercial fisherman? Their catching fish to feed neither themselves or their own family but to feed other people.

I don't think there should be a law but if you hunt and kill an animal you should at least try to use all of the parts for some useful purpose.

8. i agree with this, cant edit the poll name x_x

9. My friends are native . they don't need tags they can shoot whatever whenever , they need not follow seasons either .

10. #70 halokiller99, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    Only thing I shoot just to shoot is coyotes when I am hunting. But thats is beacuse they are pest animals and kill the sheep at the farm I hunt on. Oh and I dont eat meat I dont shoot personally. I feel like I would rather pull the trigger skin it gut it clean it myself rather then buy animals that are factory farmed.

11. [quote name='"halokiller99"']Only thing I shoot just to shoot is coyotes when I am hunting. But thats is beacuse they are pest animals and kill the sheep at the farm I hunt on. Oh and I dont eat meat I dont shoot personally. I feel like I would rather pull the trigger skin it gut it clean it myself rather then buy animals that are factory farmed.[/quote]

Yeah I shoot cyotes too . When my bbitch goes in heat they show up by the dozens . You can't let 10 hungry horny cyotes around that's just trouble

12. Who is going to feed all the deer when the population explodes and there is not enough vegetation to go around. Its sure not going to be our goverment. they are broke already. If anybody thinks that its ok to stop hunting and just let the animals just starve to death they are some sad individuals. Have any of you guys saw a animal that is starving to death? I have and its something I never want to see again! Just think how deer/auto collisions would go up in just a few short years. Im just using deer as an example but every animal would be the same situation.

13. #1. It's an unenforceable law. What exactly are park rangers/law enforcement going to do to verify that a hunter uses his kills for food? What if a hunter kills an animal, prepares and freezes the meat, and then never eats it? Is that illegal too?

#2. It's legislative morality. The law would be a way of making everyone do what some people think is right. OP, your avatar would be against that premise.

#3. An essentially unenforceable moral law being imposed on people is a waste of government resources. At best, it makes hunting less convenient for the people who will do it anyway. At worst, it needlessly restricts personal freedoms.

#4. Some wild animal populations need to be kept in check to prevent them from starving or coming into excessive contact with humans which could be dangerous for both species. If the population has to be reduced, we might as well let people who enjoy that sort of thing do it in a controlled manner.

14. Its always the bad publicity that gets put on Hunters/Gun Advocates its the taxes raised from the selling of tags and whatnot that goes to protect and manage the wildlife in certain areas. If it were not for hunters animal populations would be a nuisance to society's.
    Wasting animal parts is mainly done by large animal farms, not individual hunters/sportsmen (cept for the few rotten apple).

15. Um I don't think people should kill animals for fun. I'm not sure if we can extend the right to life to animals though because you can't help but kill insects and shit everyday. Plus, animals aren't intelligent enough to call the police. What if u shot a deer and no other humans were around? If u shot a human and no one was around u would get away with it for a couple hours until friends/family realize that person is missing.

Also would u have over population problems? Would it infringe on our everyday life?

I think you take it too far today it's illegal to hunt for fun, but I certainly wouldn't advocate it as a sport. I would only kill an animal of it was for survival purposes...

16. If you see my eyes like blood don't scared...

Now for you hippy anti-Americans,
    A cow lives its life everyday doing the same thing a deer does.

They both feed on grass, give birth . The deer is the same animal as the cow just on different sides of the tracks

I am sure you are all mostly vegans but that is YOUR choice just like hunting is the choice for some.

There are millions of dollars paying thousands of people to make sure that the animals will not go extinct. This is how its been in America forever!!

It's American and what I fought for while in Iraq while youslept warm in you bed.

17. You sure you didnt fight for the expansion of western power to "non-compliant" nations?

18. That might have been what the war was for but not what gave me strentgh everyday to get up. It was the feelings of pride and patriotism and for the nation. And thanking god my parents where not Iraqi. That place would make the poorest person here thank god

19. A few States also allow damage hunts. This allows for thinning the deer population around food/feed farms (as well as wolves, coyotes, etc). Usually though the farmers are smart enough to open it only to someone that will use the meat. :smoke:

20. [quote name='"karunado"']Absolutely.

As an American, you have the right to pleasure yourself, as long as it is not in a public place [/quote]

That's telling someone what they can and can't do.. some people just want to flash their genitals to all of America. Who are you to tell them they can't? It's in the constitution