should hunting be illegal if its not to feed you or your family

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by dealwithit, Nov 18, 2011.

1. worse things to worry about

2. so lets just stop worrying about everything else right?

3. It seems you are voting for Ron Paul, so that makes you a libertarian, correct?

Well then you should be for the American's rights to do whatever they want as long as they don't hurt anyone else.

Who gives you or anyone else the right to tell someone else they cannot hunt for recreational purposes? That is just saying we can't smoke cannabis for fun, but its okay for medicine...

4. no its not, you dont kill marijuana, its doesnt live
    you can kill a deer, and its family
    im a libertarian but i dont think we should kill things just for the heck of it

5. I don't agree with the killing of animals for sport.
    Totally expect to get called a hippie or some shit, but whatever.

6. That's not the point, the point is, as an American, you should have the choice to hunt for fun if you want...

7. In which case you should have the choice to hunt people for fun too, no?

8. That infringes upon the rights of another human being...

Next please...

9. you can it's called the military .

10. Hunting for sport, yes. Poaching? No. I think game is fairly regulated as it is. If it's the right size and in season it's fair. I feel like that would be like putting a ban on fishing because you hurt the fish you can't keep. I know one man who hunts and gives all his meat away, that's not to feed him or his family but I don't feel it's wrong. I think that if you kill game out of season or simply shoot to kill and leave it there to rot those should be punished.

11. Yeah, and why is that?

12. Yes, it does. Plants are alive.

Just because deer are cute and furry you think their life is more valuable than a marijuana plant. Don't worry, it's perfectly normal.

You can also sell what you get from hunting, who are you to say that it has to be for my family?

I've never known a hunter who just shoots an animal and leaves it out in the woods or something. They always use the body in some way.

13. There ya go.

I don't hunt, but I do fish, and I feel they are basically one in the same...

14. I don't know but killing things for fun seems primitive to me.

15. LOL! You don't see why hunting people doesn't infringe on a human beings right in the United States of America?

Have you read the Constitution?!

Come on man...

16. People should only hunt if there going to eat it, otherwise its just plain stupid.

17. So, you should smoke cannabis only if it helps you medically?

18. why are you comparing smoking marijuana and killing animals?

19. Because its the simple fact that as American adults, we should be able to make that choice for ourselves, and not be told what we can and cannot do, as long as it does not affect another human being's life, or their rights.

Recreational hunting, like a previous poster said, is already regulated to prevent the endangerment of any certain species, and has little to no affect on the environment...