should hunting be illegal if its not to feed you or your family

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by dealwithit, Nov 18, 2011.

1. so can i compare masturbation and killing animals?

2. Absolutely.

As an American, you have the right to pleasure yourself, as long as it is not in a public place

Hunting produces tax revenue by making the hunters purchase tags which is put right back into the environment, and setting limits on how many deer/bears/moose/etc. you can kill during one season to prevent the destruction of that species.

3. [quote name='"dealwithit"']
    so can i compare masturbation and killing animals?[/quote]

Sure, I'd love to see where this goes.

4. Then as an American adult I should be able to kill the neighbors pets. It's not hurting them, is it?

Basically, hunters are a bunch of scared pussies. I'd like to go hide in the forest and put a fake deer out and when the hunters shoot I shoot back.

If you wanna kill stuff- go to the military. Because then it actually has a chance to fight back. Your killing something as simple as killing an ant now-a-days from guns. If you are going to stuff it and mount it on the wall you are pathetic.

Now if you kill to eat it- and if you really just want to kill something for a reason go to where deer overpopulation is and donate the deer to a homeless shelter.

Didn't you know murderers usually start out killing animals

5. #25 OutOnTheTiles, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    For food? Yea, if you must. If you hunt for fun, a trophy and or bragging rights than your just a savage douche, IMO.
    edit: And you dont even need to hunt for food today, they have places called grocery stores and farmers markets.

6. #26 bwood, Nov 18, 2011
    :laughing:

9/10

Angst overload.

Lol at people thinking anyone that hunts is going to become a serial killer.

7. Killing someone's pet infringes on their right to the pursuit of happiness, and it affects another human being.

What about trophy fishing?

Where do you draw the line?

8. murderers do start killing animals. but they mutilate them and torture them.

they aren't out hunting with there dad when they decide it's fun, so they pull the trigger on ol pops and go on a killing spree.

9. Not when this country will give you an endless supply of food stamps, Leave the god dam animals alone, What are the "Bamma Boys" gonna screw

10. Catch and release?;)

11. Trophy fishing requires the killing of an innocent fish for no other purpose but wall decoration

EDIT: I know you said catch and release, but you quoted my last post where I mentioned trophy fishing

12. I have hunted most of my adult life, and know many others who do. And I will truthfully say that I, or any of the others that I have talked with about hunting, have ever killed just for the sport of it. In fact most hunters are very involved in conservation and related laws. Hunters are responsible for much of the funds that go to keep wilderness areas undeveloped and pristine. If more people were into getting out on the land for any sort of recreation, be it hunting or just camping and enjoying nature, we wouldn't have so many problems with business interests raping our natural resources. Like in Appalachia where coal companies regularly take the tops off mountains to access coal deposits.

13. My moms fiancee goes hunting but never eats the meat from the deer because he doesn't like the way it tastes. Personally I think if you're not going to eat it or donate it to a food place for the homeless then you have no right to hunt and let the food rot in your refrigerator.

Should it be illegal? Maybe have a few large fines for it, but how would it even be upheld? The police can't come into your house and look at everyone's refrigerator who hunts.

But there should definitely be a public shunning of the hunters that don't eat their kill.

14. Hunting should serve a purpose. It is not a sport. It is survival.

15. killing any animal infringes on my happiness. I love all animals. It affects me. But because I'm a minority they could really care less.

However, I'm more intelligent than to really care about that. What I care about is killing something for it to go to waste. The native Americans used every part of the animal for something. And you sure as hell can find something.

However, I do know that there is deer overpopulation in my area and in that case then yes, the population has to be brought down only because humans were dumb in the first place and got rid of their natural killers (wolves) and now we have to fill that role. The meat should be donated to homeless shelters, as i said earlier.

For fishing. I have fished. When i was younger I used to catch and release. However, one time I caught a fish and it had the hook through it's eye. I cried and was scarred for life. Trophy fishing? I don't think so. I think it's okay to show off what a big fish ya got. But then you should eat it. Why not enjoy what you worked for instead of putting it on your wall and having its blank eyes stare at you all day.

I think it's creepy. I want my life full of things that are full of life and nature. Not death.

Humans screwing with the ecosystem is what makes the ecosystem have a problem in the first place. (bringing foreign species, removing predators, etc)

16. Every hunter I have ever met, and have ever known of, have made good use of any hunt they have made. Deer jerky, deer steak, deer burger, making blankets of the pelt, etc.

Sure there may be bad apples out there, but that goes for every single group of people, no matter the activity, no matter the place

17. #37 PsilocinTHC, Nov 18, 2011
    What I'm saying is why is this constitution the be all, end all? Times change, things are learned. Why is it important that what you're shooting at is alive? Because you had the right way back then it means no matter what you should now?
    No I haven't read it thoroughly, I'm from the other side of the hemisphere. If I'm gonna join in this particular discussion I suppose I ought to, so I will after this.
    I don't condone the killing of human beings, nor do I think animals should have the same rights as them. I just don't see the need to harm anything for nothing, animals feel emotion and pain too.
    Well that means they've done it for a reason other than just shooting at something that moves. I can tolerate that.
    Those bad apples that don't are the ones that would be breaking laws.

18. Yeah, right to privacy is sooo out dated. And freedom of speech? Who needs that?

19. So killing a deer is much worse than killing cows who have had miserable lives? I don't get it. You're not saying that we should all be vegetarians, you're just saying that we can't kill specifically deer. Why?

We are animals and just like animals we kill other animals for food, except we do it using our technology instead of chasing it down and biting it in the neck.

20. Hunting controls populations unless you want them to just do mass killings of rabbits and squirrels because there are to many OR you can create a moment with your child that you will always remember.