Should he be charged with 1st degree murder of an officer?

Discussion in 'General' started by mushroomsatsuji, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Except this is my last post till tomorrow. Gotta be up early.

Murder is usually considered a bad thing. Going by your definition it definitely doesn't sound like a bad thing.

So if your definition of murder is nothing like the actual definition of murder I don't think there is anything left to argue.....except for the fact that you can't just invent definitions as you go.

Until tomorrow.....

2. My def. Any animal taking another animals life. (Change the def. oxford)

It's painful for anything to die, whether it be the crickets that my lizards eat or a human life

3. The loss of a life is always a bad thing, no matter what its called

4. So you don't always consider murder a bad thing then? If that's the case then I guess by your definition hunting and fishing could be considered murder, though it seems weird calling it that since usually murder automatically makes people think something tragic.

(I swear this is my last post tonight :p)

5. The loss of a life that provides me with nourishment is not bad imo.

I don't find the appeal in a vegetarian diet, but to each his own.

6. Murders both tragic and simultaneously insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Disclaimer: I do not condone what murder is typically considered. (Human against human)

7. If any of you know anything, first degree murder means that the person planned on killing the person. He didn't plan on killing his dog, so first degree murder shouldn't even be brought up. Derp.

Anyway, he should get reprimanded for animal cruelty and should get suspended especially since it is a K-9.

8. When i read the title i was like fuck no, then i read he was an officer then i was like yes.

9. I'm not vegetarian either, you're just thinking the way you've been programmed to. (To forget that you are an animal)

10. Which one of my posts would indicate that?

11. #151 Philosiraptor, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
    You don't think killing animals is murder, you only think murder applies to humans. Thats what I'm debating. Remember?

12. And these people are supposed to be protecting us

[​IMG]

13. Regardless of it was an honest accident or on purpose he should be charged just the same as if you or i killed a police k9. I dont undersrand why some of you keep saying first degree murder.

14. [quote name='"killer buds"']Regardless of it was an honest accident or on purpose he should be charged just the same as if you or i killed a police k9. I dont undersrand why some of you keep saying first degree murder. Not to get off topic, but think about this then why isnt abortion considered first degree murder? Thats 100 percent on purpose if you guys are bring intellagance though. Please blades dont start argueing about abortion laws, or if your for it or against it.

15. First of all, no, not murder. Even if it was a human in the car it would be manslaughter or negligence, not murder. It was an accident.

In my opinion, reasonable punishment would be immediate termination and a stiff fine. I think what he did is severely fucked up, but I don't think it warrants jail time.

16. That doesn't mean I forgot we were animals. I just think it's stupid to label everything as murder.

"So I went out of my way to commit a mass murder of a bunch of bees that formed a hive on the side of my house"

You think that sounds normal? Absolutely not, and that's why we don't call the killing of every little creature 'murder'.