Should he be charged with 1st degree murder of an officer?

Discussion in 'General' started by mushroomsatsuji, Aug 2, 2011.

1. i compared it to a neglectful mother killing a child
    shes in charge of the safety and well being of the kid, if something happens she's held responsible because the kid isn't a adult and she is

the police officer was charged with the care for this dog and due to his neglect the dog died, since the dogs considered a *human* that would be 2nd or 3rd degree murder i think

2. I just don't value the life of animals the same as I do with humans. I don't think that animals are invaluable, rather less valuable. I think that that difference lies in the intelligence of the human vs. other animals. As far as the law should go, I just don't see why I should count an animal the same as a person.

3. Its more or less the opposite with me. I dont see how human life is any better than any other. Ill even put a dogs life above yours. In all honesty, your life isnt important to me, so why should I care about it?

4. And that makes you an asshole.....and selfish.

You have a chance to save a dogs life or a persons life....and you would choose the dog?

Fucked up world we live in.

5. Eh that doesn't make him an asshole

We as humans put ourself at the top of the food chain. We are the ones killing the planet lol not the animals

6. The main reason i clicked on this thread was because i thought it said should I be charged with 1st degree murder of an officer then i saw mushroom had make it and i was like :eek: :p

7. And you would choose the opposite? How are you not selfish or an asshole?

And I would try to save the one I could, both if possible. I wouldnt leave either to die, but I think its obvious you would leave one...

8. I think you're mistaking indifference for admirability. How many dogs are going to cure cancer? AIDs? What dog can do calculus? Dogs can't even hit a joint (or insert any other animal)

9. So you value a random dogs life over a random humans life?

10. You obviously didn't get my point

11. So you value their life for their usefulness or their status in society? Do you value a rich persons life over a poor persons? The poor person wont cure cancer, and probably cant do calculus, but the rich person probably donates thousands to charities, creates jobs, ect

Again, whats the difference?

12. Hmm let's see....

The dog most likely doesn't have any family members that will mourn it's loss like humans will. So you wouldn't only let the human die, you would cause suffering to the immediate family as well. Try justifying that one....I had a chance to save your son's life but I went and saved his dog first.

Also, an average dogs life is probably about 12-13 years. And average humans life is in the 70's.

If you would see me as a selfish asshole for saving a humans life instead of a dogs life then you need to put things in perspective.

13. That's because you didn't really have one.

I called him an asshole because he values dogs over humans.

Your "point" that people are the ones destroying the world doesn't really make a difference in what I said.

14. I see what you are saying but it's still wrong, we humans don't rule this planet we may think we do but we don't every life is a life and just because some humans think that killing animals is OK because there not "intelegent beings" doesn't make it right or OK.

15. #95 mushroomsatsuji, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
    If you think neglecting the dogs life doesnt make you one, you need to put things into perspective and learn how to appreciate life. And thanks for ignoring the second part of my post which makes half of yours pointless

And if you dont think dogs, or almost any other animals mourn, you are mistaken. How much capacity of emotion do you think birds have? Probably none right?

Bird Mourns Death of Mate: True Love Story from the Ukraine - Petopia

If a bird can mourn, why dont you think dogs can? Ive seen many times where a dog loses his/her mate, fellow dog or human, and refuses to leave their side. Humans arent the only animals, yes we are animals, that is a fact, that have emotion or mourns a death.

Then you obviously arent reading my posts. I dont value the life of a dog over a humans. I value them equally, while you see them as lesser creatures whos life shouldnt be cared about and whos death shouldnt be mourned.

Let me clarify my earlier statement. I would put my own dogs life above yours, just like you would put your own families above mine.

16. I definitely don't think killing domesticated animals is OK, in fact it's fucked up.

That still doesn't mean it compares to a humans life.

17. #97 BA, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011

My point was that humans placed themselves at the top of the food chain, as you have so ever graciously demonstrated in your posts.

What do you mean it doesn't compare to a human life?

You make a point about curing AIDS (which still hasn't happened btw), yes you are right humans do good things. We also do terrible things. Animals are neutral

read

18. I thought it was pretty clear.. but the difference is capability. Human minds are more capable than animal minds, although, as you pointed out, there are certain people who don't reach their full potential. But I still value potential for greatness over no potential.

Anyway this is getting off track, lets just agree to disagree and say the man is innocent ;)

19. Innocent? So you dont think that anyone should be convicted of any crime against an animal?

And your perception that animals have no capacity is quite saddening

20. Yes it does, i mean i'm not saying i would rather your son die than a dog but every living thing is equal. And deserves to live.