Shots fired at 420 rally in Denver

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by iloveindica, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Yea, I'm pretty pissed at this dumb shit, too. Way to show how benign cannabis is. Certainly will be used by the prohibitionists.

2. You'd think there would be crazy amounts of cops there

3. Well we got people setting off bombs at the finish line of a marathon. Crazies are everywhere.

4. Probably just your average gangbanger fucking shit up and influencing society to be violent

5. Someone always has to be a dumbass and ruin things. This nations love affair with fire arms is disgusting. A gun doesn't make you more badass and it wont save you from an oppressive government. just makes it easier for idiots to do stupid shit.

6. Notice how they call it a "Pot Rally" they just trying to blow it out of proportion, but i havn't seen anything but Boston reported on the main networks. So much shit going on right now mariquana related stuff is pretty low priority, especially since no one died.

7. Clearly a false flag attack.

(I'm being satirical)

8. Thankfully no fatalities! I've lived in Denver for all my life(29 years) and this is the first time that I can remember(prove me wrong)Any type of serious violence happening at one of these rallies. Just waiting for someone to come out and say "see this is what happens when you make it legal". It's just a matter of time.

9. Just saw it on Yahoo home page.:( The vulture media is getting hungry again. Next thing you know it'll be on every channel.

10. I was walking towards civic center after that and asked people why they were running some say they don't know . Then I heard someone speaking on the phone say it was shots but its Like for real I show up late and MISS 4:20

11. Unfortunately, shots fired at an event is becoming such a common occurance that this will not be that big of a deal!

12. I almost went too. Bud decided to stay home to watch playoffs. My friend said he was 20 feet away from it though

13. That is close enough that you could have gotten hit!
    Would have been a major buzzkill! :eek:

14. Was standing 10-20 ft from the shot 2 min before it happened. We decided to leave and were only a block or 2 away when we heard shots. Looked on TV and it was right next to where we were standing #goosebumps

15. There were....but they were hanging way back from the crowd because they (the cops) DIDN'T expect any trouble

16. It was crazy, i had just arrived when people started running away. Its sad that these things happen even at peaceful gatherings.

17. My story:

So my buddies weren't gonna make it into Denver til around 3. So they did, but I tried calling them while in the park, but the network was down.
    I didn't know it was the whole network, so with about 30 min til 420, I walked a few blocks west. Went past the Mint, then cut through the courtyard of the justice building.
    As I was walking through here, I saw two people run out of the building, talking on their walkies, and hurrying towards Civic Center. First thing I thought was they got a tip on either a bomb, or a possible shooting to occur. But i didn't think too seriously of it at the time.
    So I got back to the park, found a small patch of grass to sit and load up for 420. Hit the pipe with the thousands of other people, and chilled for about 10 minutes.
    Next, I decided to leave northwards toward the 16th street mall.

I guess I was about 6 or 7 blocks away by the time the shots were fired. I finally was able to meet up with my buds at the mall, and they told me they were in the middle of the running mob of people.

18. There were, they arrived less than 60 seconds after the shooting. They were literally across the street haha.