Shot 5 times in the face by London Police

Discussion in 'General' started by Rasta_Man, Jul 25, 2005.

1. From what I read, he was restrained by 4 men, and while being restrained he was shot 5 times in the back of the head.

That is an execution, plain and simple. Now, if I'm wrong and that's not how it went down, well then there are some other circumstances. But you can't just shoot someone because they *might* be a terrorist. Shit, lets kill all drug dealers because they *might* be terrorists too. The fact is, he WASN'T a terrorist and the only crime he committed was running away from UNMARKED police officers who, by some accounts, never identified themselves as the police. Since the guy wasn't a terrorist, we can only assume that he thought the unmarked pigs were terrorist and was attempting to flee them. Imagine that shit on your morning commute.

Sensi: Here's the link: http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=6725

2. That doesn't mean we have to just roll over and let it happen!

3. i have to admit i think the cop that shot him made a split second decision, and had he been a bomber with explosives strapped to him, we wouldn't be hearing the same outcry...........here's what i heard.

he left a house that was under police surveilance...........he walked to the tube station wearing a very large padded jacket...........now i beleive the temperture was about 25 celcius........., plain clothed police officers then went to stop him.........they shouted "stop police"............the guy started running, he then vaulted the ticket machine, and ran for the tube...............he stumbled was held for a second and shot in the head about 5 times..............now seemingly this is standard practice for suicide bombers as it means that they can't then pull any triggers etc in the dying seconds.............he could have had semtex strapped to him, and was trying to blow up the tube..................itis a shame that and innocent man died, but why run?...................had it been the other way round the policeman would have been a hero!..........i mean honestly i make mistakes at work all the time, these guys get one wrong, and they're to be hung draw and quartered...................Peace out...............Sid

4. I don't know what your job is, but your mistakes probably don't result in innocent people being killed.

It's standard practice by police (this is in the US, IDK about any other place) to only shoot when their life is threatened. In other words, a cop CANNOT shoot someone who is running away unarmed. This man was running away unarmed, and not only did they shoot him (had they shot him while they were running away this might be a different story) but they actually restrained him and THEN shot him.

I mean WTF: Are we never going to have another terrorist trial because anyone who the pigs suspect is a terrorist will be held down on the ground and shot in the face? Shit, when a drunk college kid (BAC .343!) at my old college was shot in the face at point blank range while he was running at a cop and people had a shit-fit, although clearly the officer could argue that his life was in danger. But then they say "Oh this guy in London could have been a terrorist so it's ok" and we're supposed to accept that it just happens? The fact is, the guy wasn't a terrorist. He could have been me or you. I'd hate to get my ass tackled and my brains blown out just for running from the cops, I'll tell you that.

5. My point exactly! This man was just in the wrong place in the wrong time doing wrong things, the police had several reasons to belive he was a terrorist.

6. yeah, ppl do make mistakes..they was just trying 2 save alot of innocent people..what if he was a bomber and they shot him in the chest and it blew up and killed alot of people? no, they had 2 shoot him in the face..they was just doing their job..the guy should of stopped when they said "hey police"

7. Three things, first off, the police had bad intel, that is the first issue, HOW did these officers recieve or creat such horrible, incorrect intel.

Secondly, Assuming that these officers were carrying the standard issue 9mm beretta 92FS Series, a 9mm jacketed round at point blant will create an exit wound on the back (or back) of your head the size of a tennis ball. 5 shots out of one of these must has literally covered all these officers with his blood and turn his head into a peice of swiss cheese. OVERKILL, unnessecary. Anybody who knows anything about firearms or the physics of ballistic weapons know that even a single 9mm round into a centre mass will 8 times out of 10, put a target down for an extended stay, much less a single (or 5) point blant headshots.

Thirdly and most important, they didn't kill him to prevent him from blowing up stuff, when they were following him, they watched him as he CLIMBED ONTO A 2 STORY BUS!

These officers, based on their orders, based on their situation, based on their intel did what they were told. But doing what you were told, following orders doesn't clear you. You need to know when to say that you know what your doing is wrong. These officers failed on that one, they failed as human beings, they violated this man's life and shattered any feeling of hope that these londoners, alreadly living in constant fear from a carefully calculated fear propaganda. These officers should be punished, non-lethally, for their crimes against an innocent man, though i dont think i feel as strongly about the punishments, i'm sure these officers feel terrible, i'm sure they thought they were doing something good; this is all the result of a fear-propaganda atmosphere and a police-state gone too far. It's time to stop this constant state of alert, this constant fear, we need to throw down what our governments tell us, what our state-run mass media shows up.

50 people died in a terrorist bombing in egypt just this past week, how many of you care about THAT? But no, it's just that a bunch of white working folk have died, not some african crazy-ass terrorists....... Right?

8. 5 times in the head is overkill even for police. In most military's around the world, when you're going for a kill, it's a single tap in the head and 2 in the centre mass.

That is the standard for londons "shoot-to-kill" policy.

9. rastaman, who says we dont care about the stuff that has happend in egypt, me for one.. i dont watch the news, i didnt hear about it..but what happend?

10. You ever shot a man? One you are afraid of could blow you and a whole train into pieces? I don't think I could stay calm and totally in control in a situation like that. And what difference does it make if they shot him 5 times instead of 1-2? They were shooting to kill anyway.
    How do those things relate to one another? This thread is about the London incident. If you wanna talk about the Sharm-el Sheik incident, be my guest. It was a horrible incident, too.

Smokey: 50 people were killed in a terrorist attack in Sharm-el-Sheik in Egypt last week. Not sure who's responsible yet, but they're aiming to ruin the tourist business. Most killed were egyptians.

11. well the facts are he wasnt carrying any explosives, they let him go into the station hoping that he was to meet up with others then take the rest out thats my opinion.and rightly so there should be a backlash they killed an innocent man. here a senario what if he had have been a sucide bomber ladden with semtex and he was using a closed switched circuit held in his hand and when he relaised his grip the circuit was made and the bomb explodes???

Goggle the gibralta three same sort of operation

12. Seems the officers Glock was on full auto...

13. Aren't able to stay in control? So incompetence in the answer to this? These guys were trained and decorated under cover officers; they knew exactly what they were doing. Those guys train years and years on how to lethally and non-lethally take down perps. They did NOT have enough hard edvidence to make the call to kill that guy. THAT is my issue.

And the 5 shots, shows how utterly intent on doing what they did, It's more of a violet murder than it is a tacticle take down that they train for.

14. Only the british feds carry glocks, all standard police issue is beretta.

15. All I was saying is training is good, but no training can ever fully prepare you for the real thing. Shooting on a range is one thing. Being face to face with someone who might actually kill you and actually shooting him is something completely different.

Edit: This to explain the 5 shots (weren't they talking about 8 shots lately?). I'm still not sure about the other circumstances.

16. You're an undercover cop, just informed a suspicious looking man is booking it through the tube station after recent bombings in london. 52 of your countrymen and women are dead, and this plays on your mind as you rush to the loading platform. The suspected bomber flees by you, crashing onto the train with police inches behind. 'This is his opportunity!' You unload your weapon, hoping it's fast enough to save the hundreds of bystanders...

Condeming a police officer for trying to protect his people is hypocrisy. Would you rather police sat around eating donuts while bombers slipped onto our transit..? Acting suspicious, then running frantically from undercover police through a tube station, directly after terrorist attacks, is just asking for trouble. Violence is a vicious cycle that engulfs everything and everybody. Nobody's right and nobodys wrong. And once it's started it doesn't end until too many are dead.

17. Im sure more facts will come out about the shooting hopefully the family will get their independent enquiry and justice after clearing all the hurdles the british goverment will place in the road..

To rights I would condemn a police officer they are not above the law and many have broken the laws which they are piad to uphold... acting suspicious or other odd behaviour should not label you a suspect terrorist and remember they would have done their homework on this suspected bomber..

and to your stupid remark on sitting eating donuts I would prefer them to carry out their duties professionally which they are trained to do not be the judge and jury

18. I guess it comes down to the peron/s who were there at the time......they made a decision, now they will pay as they will need some sort of scapegoat, they even asked SAS men what they would have did in the same situation, and they said that they would have taken down with any means necissary.............you can't second guess i times of war, he ran wearing a big jacket, vaulted a ticket machine, and was heading for a tube, less than 1 week after tube bombings............the SAS are highly trained soldiers and they made the same call...............a tradgedy, but also that word i hate to use, Collatertal damage.................Peace out.........Sid

19. I too was completely outraged by this. If they are going to shoot random ppl on site they should at least use tranquilisers, the fuckers...

20. i have two points, one dealing with the ide that it was ok to kill him, the other saying the opposire

a) IF he was a suicide bomber they HAD to make sure he waws dead, 1 shot to the head MGIHT not be enough for an insta-kill

b) haha, ok you might not get the opposing side since i am pissed and forgot what i was gonna say :S oops.. i'll try... oh yeah, the police were the only ones alive at the end of this, they were the ones who could say whatever they wanted to and people would believe it

i personally carry a backpack every day to work and i loov slightly strange these days with a old man orcadain cap on and a funky shirt, if i was late for something and had to run i would actually fully expect to be shot! i am scared for my own safety

(here is me in my funky hat :D)

Attached Files: