shortening doob tube

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by imnewtoweed420, Sep 22, 2020.

1. hey everyone i just wanted to ask how to shorten a doob tube. its just plastic and it works very well but i need it to be smaller, how should i go abt that? i have silicone from my fish tanks and i also have hot glue but idk which will be better

2. You need the inside to be smaller? Or you want the whole thing to be smaller to fit better into something?

I guess there are many ways to achieve this. Food contact safe silicone would work, or glue gun.

3. why do you need it to be smaller?

like your going to cut off an inch of it? just leave it the way it is?

4. yeah im just trying to shorten the whole thing so that way it will fit in a smaller box that i wanted to put it in. i will most likely just use a hot glue gun i think

5. We want pictures, Chief.

6. hahahaha i havent gotten to it yet but once i have it done i will send a pic

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 WildRoseToker, Sep 24, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    If it has a flip top and you can't just cut it down I would try cutting the bottom off and sanding it flat. Then super glue it to a piece of flat plastic like a bottle cap. Then trim the excess plastic off. Super glue is food safe when dry.

If you are just going to plug up the end I would use hot glue over silicone. Just try not to melt the plastic.

8. thats a very good point i will keep that in mind