Short veg..how long to flower???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GanjaFreak, Jul 12, 2010.

1. #1 GanjaFreak, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    Alright so i veg'd my plant for 2 weeks its about 6" tall now and in flowering stage because i was wanting my plant to be 1 foot tall total its doing very very well btw. I was curious since shorter veg time does that mean shorter flowering? If so how long should i flower my plant?

Lighting:
    1x26 CFL
    1x23 CFL
    t8 florescent 35 watts each bulb 70 watts total
    (Adding 1x20 CFL tomorrow)

Nutes:
    When needed i use Schultz 10-15-10

Water:
    When the top layer of soil is dry (crusty dry)

Air Circulation:
    1 Small fan

Temperature:
    70-80

I appreciate the help everyone and if you need anymore information just let me know ;).

EDIT: Its has 6+ Nodes, and this is my first grow btw so be kind please.

2. Come on GC i need some advice :)

3. #3 mrbob_58, Jul 12, 2010
    you can switch it to flower any time. still takes the same 2-3 months to ripen, water when the soil is completely dry. i use 10-52-10 during flower . temps are fine. try and add more cfls 2700k is best for flowering...lowes has them . you want a minimum of 100w to flower

good luck with your grow.

4. I edited it again to make it a lil more clear sorry GC lol..and yea the CFL's i got are all 2700k's not sure about the flore's though

5. Flower time should be about the same, regardless of the veg time. But generally, the more you veg the more you get.

6. t8s are not great lights for anything but rooting. I woud grab a couple of 42w cfls and eliminate the tubes.

7. Well the t8's i have going vertical and the CFL's are above my plant...are the t8's just a waste of electricity?

8. #8 mrbob_58, Jul 12, 2010
    any light is better than no light. you would be better with hi power t5 if you want tubes or cfl. floro need to be realy close to the plant. of all the lights they (all but t5 hi power) have the least penetration power. they will grow. but a reduced yield on a longer wait.

6x26w clfs would be best for you. and as you are already in flower i would get 4 2700k and 2 6500k you should be able to have it up and running for under 100.00

2 of these to help vegging

Shop Bright Effects 23-Watt CFL MiniTwist Bulb at Lowes.com

4 of these to help flower. that will set you up untill you decide to go bigger.

Shop OttLite 25 Watt HD Compact Fluorescent Bulb at Lowes.com

I forgot you will need 3 y's and 3 pigtails.

http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-F...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

you will need to take the reflector off this

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

9. T8's are actually good for growing plants, veg and flower. If you get some good vitalume T8 bulbs, they actually put out more lumens then the basic 26watt cfls. I have 2ft T8 bulbs and each one puts out 1500 lumens and they are only 17watt. Most 26watt cfls only put out like 1100 lumens, so with T8's you get more bang for your watt.

Unless you started with clones, you should just keep vegging until you see preflowers. The plant wont actually start to flower til its mature, even if you switch the cycle now. So basicly your vegging on a 12/12 cycle anyway and your plants are going to stretch out.

Alot of ppl think that "force flowering" means you make the plant start to flower even its not mature yet. Thats not true, "force flowering" is anytime you grow inside and change the cycle to 12/12, when the plants are mature.

If you started with clones then you can change the cycle to 12/12 at anytime. Clones are taken from mature plants, so they are already mature themselves.