short bursts of happiness loooong lengths of wanting to die

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by davida0829, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Alright so ever since I can remember I've never really been happy I'll have short bursts of being completely happy with life but that's 2-3 weeks a year the rest the time I just want to die

I hate my generation hate today's people hate being social and hate people my age in general

I am currently working out and hanging with only a few people (2 of which make me wanna die)

I'll take prescribed meds as directed and it will work for like 4 weeks then its back to normal

Self medicated and the only thing that's worked permanently was oxy

(Off that now) lead to some new lows

Tryed MANY counsliers

Honestly I think the best thing to do long term is kill myself if I am never going to like living
    Just don't want to put my family through that....

Idk came here to vent an see what you all have to say

2. Are you bipolar?

3. What I'm thinking but no one will listen to me...

Just think I'm looking for attention or meds

4. The best advice I can offer is just try to reflect on the two weeks you were happy and what made you happy those two weeks. Harness the good vibes and just try to enjoy the little things in your everyday. 90% of the time life can be hard but if you really enjoy the 10% of the time that isn't you'll find the percentage flipping. IDK if this made sense but I tried my best, hope it helps.

5. ^ makes since will try that

6. Yea you have to find out what makes you happy. Don't worry about other people...find what you like and pursue it.

Good luck my fellow blade. I've been depressed before I know how it feels. Finding good friends and a good girlfriend always helps dramatically.

7. You need to stay occupied and get out of the house
    Find a hobby that you enjoy and do it everyday if possible.
    For me it´s working out and going swimming. Stop hanging out with the people you don´t like and just do stuff you like. Whatever it is, remember what you used to love as a child, maybe you will remember something and find an activity that makes you happy

You could also try making a motivation poster like me ? :)
    Just put stuff on it that you like or things you find inspiring.
    [​IMG]

8. small thoughts help. like the fact that we are all suspended in space. in fact, thats pretty fucking cool as the flaming lips or george carlin or someone of that general nature would say.
    if you were to ask me, yo my main man, what's the secret to happiness? I would whisper inaudibly into your ear/ so no one would hear/ what secrets are here/ there is nothing to fear/ now look in the mirror/ contemplate fear/ and conquer your tears/ shout out a cheer/ for we are all here... (my dr. seuss fill for the day)

9. its always darkest before the dawn op, feel better

10. "I would rather feel good, than be right"

11. get a girlfriend

12. Get medication if you need it, smoke more reefer, pick a hobby (music, etc, whatever), and dump the friends you don't like!

13. I am the same way man, been like this for years, I tried cleaning up (no drugs) and it is even harder now :p exercise provides a nice temporary relief

14. You seem like somebody who would be happier left alone. that's like me, and i'm moving out to the country this summer cuz i can't stand living in the city and going to school and being around others. I think it's natural to find happiness in solitude, but it's more difficult when you're surrounded by people - everybody seems to want to be somewhere and prove themselves, but nature seems pretty content to exist where it's at. The pace of life is much more peaceful when it isn't polluted by culture's garbage way of thinking. 

15. [SUB]im the same as u fuck, man i feel like shit too especially since my job is stressful too but you just gotta keep on sayin yo this is soft tings there are a lot more harder things. Fukkk man.[/SUB]

16. You'd be surprised how much diet affects mood.

Try to get your hands on The Mood Cure. Definitely worth a look.

17. #17 Iluvatar, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013

18. well OP, how old are you? and what have you always wanted to do in life?

depression sucks. contemplating suicide sucks even worse, trust me. anyone who dares to criticize you for that is an unconsciousness and narrow-minded asshole.  

19. It sounds like you may be bi-polar, but I'm no professional. 
    I know it's hard, but I think you should try getting off any meds. I went through some serious depression but I never took any meds and overcame it myself; I also had friends who were medicated for their bipolar/depression, and once they decided to go off it they actually did better. It was hard and took time, but they got better. If you can rely on yourself rather than medication, that's a great accomplishment in itself. Of course, this won't be the case for everyone, but it's worth a shot. 

It's not just getting off the medication though, you have to really turn around. Make changes - find reason to be happy. I believe for the most part, happiness is a choice (not in any way an easy one, especially for someone that has chemical imbalances in their brain). 

Believe it or not, food is one of the best medicines and worst poisons. Cut out the corn syrup, the processed fast food, the red meats, caffeine and high sugars... and get active! Try to eat more plant based meals - it cleanses the toxins from your body, leaving it feeling healthier and more fresh. All these processed foods leave us feeling worse than we know because most of us have been stuck in this lifestyle for years. 

Cut the bad fruit - These people that you don't like? Avoid them at all costs. I know that it's easy to hate this generation because it seems like they're all idiots, but trust me... there's still some intelligent individuals out there. What you have to do is find out your interests, then go out and do them and you'll find like minded people along the way... It takes time but it's worth it. This can be volunteering at an art gallery if you're an artist, going to some yoga classes if you want to get into shape, or going to music events if you're an appreciator. Not only will you find people you like, but you'll be surrounding yourself with activities you enjoy. 

It's hard to give advice because I don't know your exact situation- but I hope this can help!

20. #20 Storm Crow, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
    Start taking your Omega 3 every day! Look hon, when you don't get enough Omega 3 (and most folks don't) the CB1 receptors in your brain are made defectively. Defective receptors can't relieve your depression like they are supposed to do! Read these-

Omega-3 deficiency disrupts cannibinoid receptor function in brain        (news – 2011)
    http://www.wellsphere.com/general-medicine-article/omega-3-deficiency-disrupts-cannibinoid-receptor-function-in-brain/1347465

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?  http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Long-Before-Fish-Oil-Works-on-Depression-to-Lift-Your-Mood?&id=4229948

The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids.  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12442909

Acne vulgaris, mental health and omega-3 fatty acids: a report of cases http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2577647/?tool=pmcentrez

In addition to all that, the CB1 receptors in your brain are the ones that get you high on pot! :smoke:   If too many of them are defective, not only are you prone to depression and other mental illnesses, you are NOT getting the full effect from your cannabis! :eek:  Omega 3 isn't a quick fix, it takes at least a month to work enough to notice any difference either in your mood or your high. It simply takes time to replace the defective receptors and you need that Omega 3 to insure that they are made properly!

Cut out the junk foods and stick to natural, whole foods! "B" vitamins also are helpful in maintaining mental balance. Exercise more- it causes your body to release anandamide, your body's own version of THC. And one good friend is worth more than a dozen half-assed idiot friends!

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave: