Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Short break

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by joeyhimself1, Apr 17, 2012.

1. So I'm taking a week off smoking just to get my tolerance back up, is there anything specific I can do to flush the THC out of my system faster? Like exercise or loads and loads of water? Or is it just a matter of waiting for my dopamine receptors to calm down and 'sober up'?

Thanks

2. exercising and drinking lots of water would be recommended.

3. OK thanks alot mate

4. Nothing can clean your system out except exercising. THC binds itself to fat cells so working up a sweat and burning fat releases the THC into the bloodstream and out your peehole. However the THC in your body has nothing to do with your tolerance. So you don't have to try and clean yourself out to lower your tolerance, just don't get high for a while. It's more of a mind thing if I'm not mistaken.

The whole water thing is not as much to clean your system as it is to dilute your urine for a urine sample.

If you were to have a drug test you'd want to drink tons of water so that all you end up peeing is clear water, on top of that eat B12 vitamines to color your urine yellow so the lab doesn't suspect anything and furthermore get a lot of Creatine Monohydrate in your body. When you dilute your urine the sample will contain very little creatine which is a natural substance in your body. Adding creatine will make your sample look even more legit. But I digress.

5. Has nothing to do with dopamine

Exercise and water won't help reduce tolerance, although both are great for you. Exercise can get endorphins going which make you feel good and work nicely in conjunction with weed, but that's got nothing to do with your tolerance to marijuana.

The only thing that reduces tolerance is time away from marijuana, or reducing the amount you're smoking on a daily basis but that is a very slow way to reduce tolerance, it's generally better to just cold turkey and then get back to it in a week or however long you want to break for.

6. Dopamine I believe is the "happy" chemical in your brain, and I don't think it has to do with marijuana, only cigarettes.

It's the CB1 and CB2 receptors that receive the cannabinoids, and when you smoke regularly it starts to not produce as much as it usually does and that has something to do with tolerance. If you take a break, it will return to normal after a few days to a few months, depending on how often you smoke. It would take me about a month to get my tolerance back to close to square one, but it might take a regular smoker, say, six months.

7. You've got it decently close, the longest it'll take for anyone is 90 days I believe that's the way receptor down regulation works.

So the receptors don't produce anything, they get saturated, so when you first stop smoking they are becoming unsaturated at their highest rate, it's sort of like a half-life, and your tolerance starts decreasing slower and slower the more days you are waiting. This is why for all intensive purposes a week to two weeks is probably the best amount of time to tolerance break.

So it'd look something like this: 98% saturation as a daily smoker, after 2 days off 80% saturation, after 4 days 65% saturation, after 6 days off 53% saturation, etc. These are just arbitrary numbers obviously. So essentially there's no point in trying to get completely unsaturated as that last 10-20% takes as long as the first 60-80%, that's why I say a week to two weeks.

It's obviously way more complicated but this is a good start to understanding.