shoebox grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by shoebox420, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Pics from last night, didn't wake up to snap more pics this morning :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. Now its just a waiting game :)
    I am hoping I can keep her in this box through flowering, but it will be tough.
    I don't have a bigger box right now either and I don't want to make a new one right now.
    Just fed her first dose of molasses, about 1/2 teaspoon in a normal water bottle.
    A nice pic from the other night, no mo pics til christmas.

Attached Files:

3. I want to do a shoebox grow... Are these auto seeds?

4. no its a bagseed started 12/12 early and lst training

5. precisely :)
    I am gonna try to get my hands on some auto seeds for the next round!
    Sony is doing great, she is getting soo frosty and hairy but a little too big for my box, eeek.
    I am going to have to get creative here to keep her there, I really wanna finish out in the speaker box. Pics tonight of her before and after tie down (maybe trim).

6. I tied down only one branch, which was touching the light with its tips when I check on it... eek! Decided to put a screen between the lights and the top of the plants to avoid burn, i guess I'll see how it works out :) tips are yellowing, not too sure why...
    I have never ph'ed my water, so it could be that... temps jumped a bit since adding the wattage to the CFLs and adding a carbon filter, so it could be that... or perhaps she simply needs some feeding, I have been going very light on nutes... bah!

Attached Files:

7. This is nice, I gotta see how this turns out. Subbed.

8. nice greenery subbed

9. The 26w CFL veg chamber is so cute :3

10. thx :) I actually ended up giving it to my little sister for a xmas present cause she LOVES growing plants (of course not maryjane).

uptalk and cougheee, its about to get exciting, glad you subbed up.

I actually was just out of town for 4 days and am a little worried. Lights on around 9 so I will know what is up then and let ya'll know.

2012!

11. So there was a problem. Sony shot up a little more than I thought she would in a couple spots. the heat got to her... I think I may have a hot spot on the top of my door, where one cola in particular got a pretty bad heat beating. had to do some surgery and clip some stuff, tie more down. Now she is back on track. Of course she was quite dry as well, so I gave her a good water/feeding. The smell is great, and my carbon filter worked like a charm, walked in my room from vacation half expecting it to REEK, but it just smelled lightly like air freshener. woot!

12. do you do the watering by hand?

13. What kind of seed is this?

14. I water by hand, the screen was just put in there to keep it from hitting the light, not SCROG... which would have made watering a little more difficult without moving the plant.

the seed is just bagseed, i seem to have gotten lucky!

pics tonight!

15. I have a 4' bagseed tree right now 2 weeks from harvesting (or so I'm told).

I think 26 or 27w is plenty to get a plant started or for a micro grow like this.

fuckin' awesome, dude!

16. I just started a cardboard box grow! Waiting for the seedling to pop thru, I'm using a 65w (300w replacement) and a 55w (250w replacement) both 2700k for veg and flower. I'm excited to see how your grow turns out, how are the ladies after the burn fiasco? Keep up the good work hommie.

17. back from the dead :cool:
    wow, a lot has happened!
    I had to get the plant out of my house temporarily as I was out of town a lot this month.
    My friend, who "knew what he was doing" just about killed my lil lady.
    He over-watered, over fed, and didn't keep on eye on temps, but hey at least i didn't have to abandon my project. I got her back looking horrible. I had to flush the shit out of it, like 10x the pot size amount of water at least and it was just barely running clear out the bottom. I'm sure there were lockouts of all sorts, but now she is back on track: chopped up a bit (I wanted to have her put all energy into the tops that looked the most salvage-able) in a little bigger box (back to cardboard), adjusted lights (x2 50W CFL 2600L x1 26W 6500K CFL) and i'm just gonna let her ride on ph'ed tap water.
    I actually will have pics tonight when the lights come on, i'll try to get some magnified trichs in there for some opinions on when to chop er down.

18. main cola, and an attempt at snapping a trich shot but it was pretty damn hard. i'll get better ones when a few more get amber. should i continue flushing, or add a little something?

Attached Files:

19. id say leave her be for now, since your gonna be using tap water she will use up any nutrients that are in there as she needs them.

20. some close ups and whats left of her

Attached Files: