Shocking a plant into flower cycle?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Murraytheman, Aug 5, 2011.

1. My friend told me theres a place on the stem where you can pinch it hard thatll shock the plant into its flower cycle. He said it was called frosting? Is this true? If so where should I do it

2. never heard of it but i HIGHLY doubt that's true!

3. #3 Murraytheman, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I thought so too, but I changed the light cycle to 12/12 a week ago and they have yet to show their sex.

4. it takes about 2 weeks for it to start flowering or show sex!

5. Mine took 10 days. The day after I gave it water and bat guano with phosphorous.

Take it easy you got this. Can't wait to spark a blunt when I get home

6. #6 Murraytheman, Aug 5, 2011
    Good shit, they aren't very big.but I'm about to move and I dont want to bring them with me. So ill probably get like a half ounce. But thats better than nothin.

7. #7 Murraytheman, Aug 5, 2011
    Oh alright man. Thanks!

8. Yeah the shorter time you veg the longer it will take to get to flower..

9. #9 Murraytheman, Aug 5, 2011
    Well when it does go into flower will it be the same amount of time? Like 60 days?

10. Yeah bro. At least.

11. it depends on the strain.... i have seen some that take 7-8 weeks to flower, there are some pure sativa strains that take 14+ weeks to fully flower.. patience is key in growing and cultivating cannabis.

12. #12 borease, Aug 5, 2011
    So much fucking patience

13. yes it takes a lot of patience to watch a plant grow... alot of people make mistakes because they are trying to speed up the process.. cannabis is a plant that lives and dies in a single growing season.. which typically is 6-8 months, most people who grow attempt to cut this time in half, which is why we now have auto-flowering plants that pretty much completely cuts out the vegetative growth cycle of the plant, which if planted outside after the last freeze would take 3-4 months...

14. Some people around here make the oddest claims I've ever heard... Flower time has absolutely nothing to do with veg time.

You can veg for 2 weeks or 2 months... Once you flip to 12/12 it will take anywhere from 7-14 days to start showing pistils, and then however long your strain takes to mature (45-50, 60, 75+ days...)

Nothing to do with veg time at all.

15. grower this is only partially true.. if you veg a plant long enough it will show you that it is sexually mature and ready to flower. your veg time and the physical size of the plant is directly linked to the size of your yield..

you are correct on the fact that how long you veg a plant has to do with how long it takes to flower, that is all up to the plants genetics and the particular grower..

16. #16 Murraytheman, Aug 5, 2011
    Thanks for the info man. I just grow reggie seeds, it usually ends up being really good mids and sometimes very high grade. Ill post a pic.

17. My post had nothing to do with yield! Only the amount of time spent flowering.

Obviously the bigger the plant (longer the veg) the bigger the yield.

I was only disputing the statement that veg time alters flower time. It does not.

Thanks for adding that important piece of information though! :D

18. I know I should have planted em one per pot. But I didn't have any other containers to put em in, I had to make that one with a bottom of a two liter.

Attached Files:

19. Nice and healthy looking!

20. #20 Murraytheman, Aug 5, 2011
    Thanks man, you shoulda saw my last grow. i grew one plant and she had 6 colas and brought me 2 ounces. I just love the smell of a growing plant.