Shitloads of Fighting Between Georgia and Russia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sometimesitrip, Aug 8, 2008.

1. no the two people are Georgia & Russia?

2. I hope we stay out and let them deal with their own bullshit, we have enough bullshit going on.

3. yea i think we should just watch a conflict go on for once, be like watching HBO. plus we got the Olympics to focus on

4. Well..this war sure is a slippery slope..Russia is showing a strong arm again..Putin is such a cunt..

This isn't going to a good place. This will get worse, much worse.

5. I have relatives who live in russia and they have been talking about this for like 2 years now, I guess it all bubbles over and all hell breaks loose. I was planing on going back to Murmansk to visit my g-ma in a couple weeks, not sure I feel comfortable going now.

6. i read the title and saw the first pic and being high as fuck was like how on earth is georia attacking a country on the other side of the world then i realized georgia was also a little country out there

7. russia is turning '' HARDLINE'' again,,,the k.g.b. aint dead it's just reorginized,,,,,,,,

russia basically said the north pole,, and all it's minerals are ours....

i guess georgia may have a high oil deposit under its country,,,,,,that russia wants,,,,

mark my words russia is setting itself up to exploit the world with it's resources,,,,

righ now this world is turning on oil,,,, those that haveit,,,and those that want it,,,

if georgia is our ally,,,,,as was vietnam,,,,,,,, and communism{ dont tell me russia is a democratic state}is coming on georgia,,, as it was in vietnam,,in the 60's

we jumped to vietnam's rescue,,,, why shouldnt we do the same for georgia,,,, our failure to respond will be the reforming of the soviet union,,,,

if i was bush id jump at it,,,, a chance to defend freedom,,,!!!!!!!!! aint that what we are about,,,,,,

i mean if were going to police the fuckin planet,,,,,,then lets police it,,,,,,

words are for pussies,,,,,and bullets and bombs ,,,and bayoneets are the words of men,,,,,

you will have no peace without violence,,,,:cool:

8. Not dying down soon. Russia recently bombed three Georgian military sites. It seems like a cockwaving display. We've shown 'em some of our arsenal with Iraq and Afghanistan. Now, it's their turn.

9. Georgia doesn't have jack shit that we want and we don't care much about Russia either since the Cold War ended. If there's no money to be made, we're not going there.

10. Georgia

11. The US isn't going to do shit. We'll make noise with the Security Council and tell Russia to not be so mean, but if anyone does anything, it will be regional allies or the UN. The US has no interest in Georgia and there's no money to be made from defending them.

12. Id like to see the South Ossetians get their independence, but I think Russias intervention in the whole thing is just a guise for them to get back at Georgia and try to get some territory/resources in the process...

Its interesting how the US has been selective in the secessionist/independence movements its supports....back during WW1 Woodrow Wilson supported "self determination", and supported the Serbian nationalists, but then told the Irish nationalists to "go to hell". The US supported the Bosnians and Croats during the Balkans conflict, why isnt it supporting the Ossetians? Or the Chechens?

In the end, I hope Georgia loses South Ossetia, but I also hope South Ossetia becomes its own nation, and isn't abosrbed into greedy Russia...

13. Georgia is about to join NATO.. Which means a NATO country will be boarding around russias secure perimeter...

That is not good for Russia.

It just came and took over, no one wants to even get in the middle of it so thats just how its gonna happen i guess

14. Oh man, when I saw the title of this thread, I had this weird image of drunk rednecks fighting a bunch of drunker Cossacks....

15. thats kind of fucked up...what if that was really a resident of the country Georgia(which would explain the poor literacy and grammar)? i dont understand why everyone jumped to the conclusion that its a prank or just some dumb illiterate redneck girl...

16. As I understand it it's just a limited incursion into one provice. This looks more like a warning to the other former republics than a full invasion.

17. I would stand and watch.

In my opinion, America should just mind our own business. Just watch what happens, dont get in the middle of the bullshit. Were already botching up ONE war, why two at the same time?