Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"shelf life" of brownies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by dankyman, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I was wondering how long would 20 hash oil brownies last if i vacuum sealed them? I would basically be eating half every day (potent as fuck) so thats 40 days worth of brownies. Or perhaps even longer. So how long would they last if i vacuum sealed them????

2. I know that oxygen plays a very big role in decomposing starched, but I honestly have no idea. The vacuum seal idea is great and if you can, throw some oxygen absorbers in there too

Brownies will be hard to keep for that long as well, definitely keep that shit in the freezer when you're not eating them. That will pretty much stop any brownies from getting stale.

Once again I have no idea and I'm going based off what I know, but definitely throw that shit in the freezer, at the very minimum like 20 degrees farenheit .

3. If you vacuum seal them and place them in the freezer, you good for a a couple months i believe. I know they will still be good for you by day 40 for sure.

4. i keep mine in plastic wrap and i have had them for close to 4 months. Still taste great and are potent!

5. ive heard that brownies lose their potency if not kept in the fridge. is that true? id like to make some but cant put them in the fridge. (still live with rents who dont know i smoke and my mom loves brownies so i dont want her to find them and eat one...)

6. not true. you can keep em anywhere. Dark and cool spaces are the best though

7. they will still last if you keep them in a dark cool place, as mentioned ^

but yes they will indeed start to lose potency when left out. I have heard from a few reputable sources that when kept in the fridge or freezer (even better) they will last for months.

you should be good for a few weeks if kept in a dry in a bag in the dark. Or even better, a ziploc tub or airtight jar.