Shazam: Go See this Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by lessthanjeezy, Apr 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I love comics and comic movies, I have never known a huge amount about Shazam (earlier known as Captain Marvel) and wow was this a great and fun time at the movies.

It seems like post Dark Knight movies, DC finally started figuring out with Aquaman that if we have some fun with these movies, people actually enjoy it. And they fully embraced having fun with Shazam and it was a great time from beginning to end, I highly recommend checking this movie out.

10/10

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Oh ok I will have to check this film out if I get some time.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  3. some Marvel 'notes'
    The cardboard cut-out Carol shoots in the Blockbuster store was originally supposed to be Jim Carrey
    in The Mask, with Carol mistaking the green face for a Skrull, but the filmmakers couldn't secure the rights.

As a tribute to the late Stan Lee (who died before this movie was released), during the opening
    Marvel Studios sequence, various scenes of his past cameos from the Marvel Studios
    films are used in place of the Avengers characters.

Goose is played by four different very professional cat actors named Reggie, Rizzo, Gonzo, and Archie.

Brie Larson is allergic to cats, so her scenes involving Goose were filmed with a puppet
    or computer-generated VFX.

In the comics, Captain Marvel's cat is named Chewie, after Chewbacca from Star Wars: Episode IV -
    A New Hope (1977). In this film, it was named Goose after Goose Bradshaw from Top Gun (1986).

The security guard Captain Marvel speaks to at the beginning of the movie is Marvel security
    director Barry Curtis.

When Talos confronts Carol and Nick in Louisiana, he sips from a fast food drink container.
    It is the exact same design as the cup that Jules (played by Samuel L. Jackson)
    sips in the scene in Pulp Fiction (1994) where they steal back the briefcase.

Project PEGASUS stands for "Potential Energy Group/Alternate Sources/United States."
    It was previously mentioned in The Avengers (2012).

In February 2019, Marvel launched the official website of the film which emulates design
    from the 1990s, including HTML frames, a mix of rainbow fonts, pixelated GIFs, a hit counter,
    guestbook, and a low-resolution trailer framed inside a window resembling Real Player.

Jude Law took counsel from his Sherlock Holmes (2009) co-star Robert Downey Jr., who plays Iron Man
    in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, on appearing in this movie. Law stated, "He talked a little bit
    about how making a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie is fitting this one piece into a bigger picture,
    and giving yourself over to that. It's not about trying to understand everything. Just do your piece."

When Stan Lee makes his cameo, he is seen reading the script for Kevin Smith's Mallrats (1995)
    and reciting the line, "Trust me true believer". As revealed on Smith's YouTube page,
    Stan's health was in decline and he could not muster his trademark enthusiasm so
    the producers looped in Lee's unused audio from Mallrats

beside she was very very Boring!

4. I thought it was decent. I enjoyed the beginning and middle but the end was a bit disappointing for me. A 6/10 on IMDb for me.