Shave your head - It's good karma.

Discussion in 'General' started by Durchii, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Seriously.

The local children's hospital near here is holding an event in a few weeks for the young kids that are caught up in the hellish nightmare known as cancer. Well, I was told about this a week or two ago and was kind of apprehensive at first, but decided it was selfish of me to keep my full head of hair when it could go to a much better cause!

Basically what you would do at this event is walk in, sign yourself up as a donor and sit back while a hospital volunteer runs over your entire head with a highly precise electric razor. If your hair is longer than four inches, they take every strand and make an entire wig, specially fitted to one of the kids who just endured chemotherapy and is a bit apprehensive about not going through life without any hair at all.

Like I said though, I heard about this a week ago and decided to sign over my head to charity almost right away. Being seven inches long, it would actually be used for a wig, so I feel pretty good about that.

Well, if there's anybody else in Colorado willing to do the same thing, let me know and I'll shoot you the information as soon as I can. Just remember, your hair will grow back. Theirs can't.

:D

2. im giving you an e-pat on the back

3. I would love to do this if I lived anywhere close, unfortunately I'm in SC. My hair is at least 6 inches long in some places, and I was already planning on shaving it pretty soon anyway.

4. + rep man, that's awesome, if my hair was longer I'd do the same

5. Im shavin me head for cancer at the end of march, def is a good cause

6. THey have programs in every state as far as Im aware. Im pretty sure theres a few nation wide ones, I know theres several places in IL you can donate hair.

7. I've been pelon since junior high.

8. Yeah... but the ones around here require your hair to be at least 12 inches long or something like that.

9. I'm going to do this eventually. Not shave it though, just grow it out to about 10 inches and cut it down to 4 ish.

10. Yeah, I tried to do that when I had hair around 5-6 inches. They told me (in MD) that my hair had to be at least 12 inches long :( at least the place that I went, they did.

Theres a lot of these programs though. I think the one most well known around here is locks for love or something. Awesome stuff though, man.

11. Yea around here there's a charity called Locks of Love and you need 12 inches to donate. I have 4" down pat haha it's probably close to 6-7. I'd totally be down for shaving my head for that cause. Good for you man, for doing that and telling people about it! +rep and +karma for you! :D

12. When I lopped off my hair, I left it about 1/2'' long cause i didnt want it TOO short (fully confident that it would still give them 12+ inches easily) then when I went in to donate to Locks of Love it was 1/4" too short... i felt like a deuchbag for not measuring it first.

13. I've always heard 8 inches

i totally just got my hair cut and would have donated

14. I probably would but I only have about an inch of hair as itis.

But great for you Durch!

15. fuck this thread. shaving my head... LOL

16. but ur reasns are great. also, i got a photography idea man. i want to find the best light in the whole world!

17. I let my hair grow out for about 2 years; when I got it cut, I donated it to a local charity. It's a great feeling, man. Knowing that you put a smile on someone's face.

18. im now working on growing my hair out to the right lengthen to donate it to cancer wigs.

19. Awesome, glad to hear that people are donating to charity!!!

20. i shaved my head the other day.. what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

:smoke: