Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shatttter

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by frr, Jan 19, 2014.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390103132.466747.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390103156.100700.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390103180.066243.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Looks kinda dark. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Looks great man nice and clean.  I got some right now and its a dark color, it was made from trim...I would guess that is why.

4. [quote name="dankness420" post="19367609" timestamp="1390117457"]Looks great man nice and clean. I got some right now and its a dark color, it was made from trim...I would guess that is why.[/quote]No necessarily, the dar color could be from lots of things. Could be bad butane, could need more purging, could just be made wrong Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Yah that's true there is many factors which can affect the final product.  But I find using higher quality bud/kief often results in a much lighter color.  Not starting shit just giving my opinion from personal experience. :)

6. As long as it's done right. I would assume that the darker it is as long as it's not burned. I would think there would be more concentrate in the darker bho. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscit

7. #7 Dr fumbles, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    My guess is old product, butane filled, fats and wax's or most likely a combo of these options.Defiantly not because of trim. My trim runs always look like this. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390246001.490249.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390246116.923621.jpg When I don't dewax it looks like this ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390246153.090845.jpg When I don't dewax and it's year old product ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390246196.707631.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. #8 YoShytsWeak, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    Some people run the wrong kind of trim and results in some darker stuff. Butane, IMO, is the main cause of the darker oil. I personlly enjoy budder because it's more sturdy and Easter to spread on a bowl. I don't have a rig so I put it on my weedWhy do you have year old product? LolSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I run chopped up buds. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscit

10. And it always comes out dark. What do you mean by "Dewaxing?"Sent from my iPhone using Grasscit

11. [quote name="royboy42y" post="19381511" timestamp="1390336950"]And it always comes out dark. What do you mean by "Dewaxing?"Sent from my iPhone using Grasscit[/quote]He means getting all of the plants natural waxes out of your final productSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I believe I did that and it's all going like thick honey. Toffee. Sent from my iPhone.

13. Just trying to get the best micron screen filter that I can find I need to know the best filter size. Sent from my iPhone.

14. I have like an ounce of nuuugys ready to goSent from my iPhone.

15. The lighter one is headband and the darker one is lemon haze

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

16. looks like meth to me

17. Straight up blue meth! Heisenburg style

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. [quote name="royboy42y" post="19396603" timestamp="1390544901"]I believe I did that and it's all going like thick honey. Toffee. Sent from my iPhone.[/quote]What did you do to dewax?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #19 Dr fumbles, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
    And you might be purging it at to high of a temp. Do you have a vacuum pump?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Looks kinda dark. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum  [​IMG]