sharp stone grinder

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by smoker.of.pot, Feb 25, 2010.

1. are they any good????

2. I have the 2nd largest one with the clear top and it's money. There cheaper than space cases and right there in quality, the only drawback is the kief- catch is not as fine as those on space cases. Still a good product though.

3. My 5 piece works great, have had it for a while. I've seen people say the teeth can break, but I don't know what kind of buds they're smoking that snap metal teeth in a grinder... :)

4. 5 piece? i didnt even know they made a 5 piece. i have 3 piece no brand grinder works good, gave me about .3 of hash last night.

i want the 4 piece sharpstone tho.

5. I had a heavy duty space case that only lasted me 3 months then the screen got a hole in it for some reason...? I prefer my sharp stone over a space case any day they last twice as long. Sorry for the blurry pic

Attached Files:

6. Two words:
    aluminum shavings.

Mine lasted less than a year, I now have a Space Case and couldn't be happier.

7. they're good if you like pieces of metal in your weed.

8. Mine is still grinding, but it has a whole bunch of teeth missing. Never put anything lower than beasters in there. No bricked up mids or anything, just couldnt handle it.

9. Yeah seems half the people that have them either love them, or get ones that end up breaking. Honestly there are so many other brands of grinders without such a high failure rate i'd go with another brand.

10. Get a mendo mulcher instead! Bingo Bango!:hello:

11. Agreed, and I have one. I only smoke weed I've grown myself, so I've never put any brick weed in it and I've never seen a metal shaving or had a single issue with mine.

But...people keep saying they've had teeth break. I think a lot of it is simply repeating opinions they've heard elsewhere and not real first hand experience, but I think if you're not growing your own maybe a Chromium Crusher might be the safer bet. I think most of the horror stories around sharp stones are exaggerated, but where's there's smoke....

12. nah the new ones have teflon rings in them to prevent that, and the teeth don't break.
    i have the same exact one as the picture posted and i couldn't be happier with it. :cool:

13. Dude I'll post up pictures of the grinder tonight when I get home, along with pictures of the bud I'm currently grinding up. Which just so happen to be the cheapest buds I've smoked since owning this grinder.
    My roommates space case has gone through its fair share of bricked weed and is still going strong. Maybe the you are getting lucky, but sharp stones are cheaply made.

14. My sharpstone has broken 3 teeth so far. And that not smoking bricked up weed. It was just some mids that got caught and snapped teeth.

Not to say that the grinder isnt the best one ive owned. It still works to perfection without the missing teeth

15. #15 jimbo7, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
    Like I said, mine has been fine but the OP might be safer with a Crusher because where there's smoke, there's fire. i actually just put a screw driver on one of my teeth, and hit it with a hammer, and nothing happened. But you're always better safe than sorry in my opinion, so it is what it is. I don't know if they're all the same, recently got better, recently got worse, or what.

My 5 piece:

[​IMG]

Closed up, with a bud:

[​IMG]

16. does that do bud+hairs+kief?????

17. It's kief on the bottom, and dust that's too big to be kief just above it, basically.

18. thats pretty badass!
    thanks for the info, never saw a 5pc before

19. I've had my sharp stone for 5 years and I have NEVER had any metal shavings. None of the teeth have broke either. Sharp Stones are THE BEST VALUE OUT THERE! Fuck all you haters. Mine is beautiful and collects tons of kief. :smoking: