Share Your Wisdom.

Discussion in 'General' started by GottaStayHigh, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Share any wisdom you feel like sharing. Anything you live by, anything you've learned.

Here's this statement that someone once told me, and I have lived by it ever since, and I offer this wisdom to everyone who may read this:

"I'm here to remind you that you're going to die. let me repeat that, you are going to die. now ask yourself what you're doing with your life"

2. This quote by Seneca (a man who lived roughly 2000 years ago) always spoke volumes to me.

"Men do not care how nobly they live, but only how long, although it is within the reach of every man to live nobly, but within no man's power to live long."

Also, I always found this speech by George Bernard Shaw to be great. If it were instated, imagine how differently you would live your life. It was cut out in this clip, but he mentions being brought in front of a panel of judges to justify your existence. Obviously it is harsh, but I know my life would be spent in a completely different way if I would be executed for not being useful to society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7WBRjU9P5eo

(Here's the transcript since he can be hard to understand.)

"You must all know half a dozen people at least who are no use in this world, who are more trouble than they are worth. Just put them there and say Sir, or Madam, now will you be kind enough to justify your existence? If you cant justify your existence, if youre not pulling your weight in the social boat, if youre not producing as much as you consume or perhaps a little more, then, clearly, we cannot use the organizations of our society for the purpose of keeping you alive, because your life does not benefit us and it cant be of very much use to yourself."

3. Forgot another one. I used to have it as a bumper sticker on my car. It is a quote by Joey Diaz. It's very simple but very true.

"It's all peaks and valleys".

I find that to be something that cheers me up when I am feeling down; knowing that sooner or later I will be enjoying life again. Also it helps me to really savior the moments of life I am enjoying.