Shadowz 2015 Outdoor grow journal

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Shadowz, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Greetings from the foothills of the Oregon Cascades...  [​IMG]

This will be my second guerrilla grow, if you missed the first one you can see it here.

I learned a lot last year, I learned that at the right location you can GG without having to check up on it twice a week! I've seen too many threads where people have asked about this and got berated for even thinking about it. It's all about location location location..

Now having said that, I did check up on them about every 6 weeks just to see how they were doing. (curiosity gets the best of you after a while..lol)  Only once did I give them some organic fertilizer towards the end of the season, but other than that, once I planted them they were on their own..

I also learned that when you take your chances with non-feminised seeds, sometimes the dice roll against you...lol. BOTH of my outdoor plants turned out to be male.. [​IMG]

This year I'm not taking any chances, At my #1 location I'll be growing 3 feminised Purple Maroc. I'll be re-using the same spot that I grew my plant in last year for one of them, and I'll be using a variation of a swamp tube for the other two.

Here's my variation, it's a 5 gallon bucked with a bunch of 3/4in holes drilled into the bottom.

[​IMG]

In case you didn't, or don't want to read last years journal, my location is set up next to a creek in the middle of razor grass. Deer wont go through it and there are no signs of rabbits anywhere, there is a deer trail about 30ft from this spot and you can see where they avoid the area to come down and get a drink. The soil is mostly years of built up organic material and whatever the creek has deposited.

I've set up the buckets so as of right now there's about 2 inches of water in the bottom.

[​IMG]

And before anyone screams that I'll drown the roots, I already know that there won't be this much come summer. But there will be enough in the ground that I won't have to worry about watering them, that's what the holes are for, that way it can water themselves. [​IMG]

Here's the 3 spots all in one shot.

[​IMG]

And filled and ready for a plant..

[​IMG]

The only downside is I'm getting a late start and it'll be a couple of weeks before the plants are ready to be taken up there. [​IMG]

Now here's what I'm going to call my "What the hell why not" location. It's literally 15ft from where I parked. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those dead looking bushes are salmon berries, and even though you can't tell in the pic, they are alive and in a couple of weeks that's going to be a solid wall of thorny green bushes 8ft high.

Behind the "wall" it looks like this.

[​IMG]

I had a couple of bag seeds that were given to me so I figured, what the hell, why not. I found 2 nice looking spots, cleared the brush away and dropped the seeds in. The only thing I did was sprinkle some slug bait around the area to give them a fighting chance to get past the seedling stage. If they grow, great. If not, oh well, they were freebies..

[​IMG]

Like last year this wont be a regularly updated journal, the whole point of growing here is so that I don't have to check up on it regularly.

I'll also be re-using my #2 location from last year but I wasn't able to get in there today. I'll update on that when I can...

2. Nice! I hope to hear and see how the grow is doing!

3. Ok....so I got lazy this year and didn't update the journal, I'll save you all the middle post and go straight to the end. [​IMG]

My "What the hell why not" location turned out ok, only one of the two plants survived and it turned out to me a male. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh well, I'm not to upset, it was planted more to see how it would grow and if it would be discovered. Considering I didn't do shit for soil or nutes it turned out OK. This pic if from about 3 weeks ago, the last time I looked in on it and it was 4ft tall. Like I said, not bad considering I really didn't do anything but plant and forget...

However, up on the hill I had much better results....

Of the 3 plants I planted, one got munched on early by a deer. [​IMG]

Number 2 got damaged by a limb falling out of a tree that was over 50 fucking feet away. [​IMG] I mean come on, what are the odds? The ONE limb that lands in the area hit the plant and broke it in half. By the time I visited it and discovered what happened it was to late to fix anything.

The upside is, the six surviving limbs were now being fed by a root system for a much larger plant and they EXPLODED in growth.

All things considered, I'm happy with how it's turned out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My number 3 plant is my pride and joy of the year. For a variety that's only suppose to average 6ft high this one has far exceed my expectations.
    (Just so you know, I'm 6ft even)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yea i know, it could have used a shot of nitrogen a couple of weeks ago, but the buds don't seem any worse for it.

#3 will probably be harvested this weekend, but I think #2 still has at least two weeks to go....

4. I like the Litfa method, next year I will try some set and forget swamp tubes.

5. You win the internet lol thats what im talking about almost all natural way to go Shadowz! awesome strain to be that stacked already!

6. #6 Shadowz, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2015
    Well I harvest both of the plants today, the big one ended up being almost 9 ft tall! (I couldn't stand it up straight in my shed, and it has an 8 ft ceiling) The two plants together weighed around 15-20lbs, most of that stem and leaf of course but damn they gave me a lot of bud. [​IMG]

I have no way of guessing how much they'll be when dried, enough for my needs so that's all I'm worried about.

Mental note, when possible only harvest one at a time, I forgot how time consuming a proper trim takes..lol

Stay tuned for next year when I try my hand at autos in the lower location...[​IMG]

7. Thank you!

One of the reasons I chose this strain is it's an early finisher, mid August to mid September is normal for them to be done.

I have 2 seeds left over so I'll probably grow them again in the same spot, only this time I'll get them out on time..lol

8. Here's a shot of the bud hanging out to dry....And that pic doesn't show all the popcorn nugs I have on a rack.

[​IMG]