shade leaves?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Thebadguy, Sep 18, 2007.

1. hey yall,i heard from a reliable grow source that you can start to remove the shade leaves when your buds start to get big,and the buds will start to get even bigger. because the plant isnt sending anything to the giant leaves anymore. is that true? also whats up with the root? should i keep the root on when i hang them? or cut the branches off. i always heard the roots have thc in them too.

2. leave the large leaves and begin regular and thorough flushings. The plant will absorb stored sugar and nutrients from the large shade leaves that it wont get anywhere else. This process of reabsorbtion produces better bud overall. The large leaves dont hurt anything. I dont know who you are talking to but the roots make no difference whatsoever. Just cut it down when you're done... no need to worry about roots. The THC is in the trichomes, buds.

3. I would never cut a leaf off my plant if they dont need to be there they will fall off them self.

Andrew

4. I dont think people are being honest with the Over 18 rule.

:p

AndrewBUD

5. I've been finding that my plant is shedding the fan leaves on her own.

6. why do you say that AB? did that sound like a kids question?

7. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1859179" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Thebadguy</TD><TD class=alt2>shade leaves?
    <HR>hey yall,i heard from a reliable grow source that you can start to remove the shade leaves when your buds start to get big,and the buds will start to get even bigger. because the plant isnt sending anything to the giant leaves anymore. is that true? also whats up with the root? should i keep the root on when i hang them? or cut the branches off. i always heard the roots have thc in them too. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Like everyone else I 100% agree that cutting your fan leaves is a big no no. The leaves are there for a reason, to absorb and disperse energy to the plant. And leaving the roots to the plant when its drying is a myth that I heard about for years, but there is no truth to it at all.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

8. Here was Ed Rosenthal's response to the same question someone sent him in his book" Marijuana Growers Handbook" -

"Although the fan leaves shade new tissue, they also provide the energy it needs for new growth. Rather than being a drain, the fan leaves require little energy for the plant to run, since they are mature and not growing. Instead, they function as factories producing sugar. By removing the leaves, a source of energy is removed from the plant."

I recently had someone tell me to take all my fan leaves off.. Maybe if you wanted to trim the bottom Branches off to get the main focus on the top cola's. By I think that just trimming all your fan leaves off would not be in the best interest of your plants..

9. hey thanks for all the advice guys. i will definatly keep my shade leave on . you ever heard the one about cuting all you buds off and they grow again?

10. No. Never heard that one either. The people your talking to are just full of helpful little hints(thick sarcasm).

11. It's called revegging them and ya I've done it before you just gotta leave a few small bud sites on the base of the plant after harvesting it and turn the lights on 18/6 for a few months.. eventually it will shoot out new water leaves and be in a vegging state again.. If that's what you meant by "cut off all the buds and they'll grow again?"

12. lol, he only told me about the shades leaves. the buds growing again was just something i have always thought about. i grow outdoors so i wont b trying it, but its sounds like a great idea.thanks irie.