SG or custom?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by dirrtyMurphy, May 9, 2011.

1. Interesting ... didn't realize it was thin ... Do you think problems will arise down the road (under normal circumstances).

2. not if you're a good, responsible owner!

3. Not only that, he is also not really able to finish a clean weld (notice the warts? guess why they are there, he even admitted that one), does not properly test his tubes - except for when a custom is done - then it gets tested thoroughly in the shop and also keeps praising himself with no justification. 3 reasonably clean sections he done recently dont change the 6 months he has sold stuff that is far from clean. Skim through the DWB appreciation thread, these guys are even proud of that sloppy work and show it off..

Dont buy DWB.

4. ^This guy speaks the truth, I knew those dogs insisted on the ugly colored warts for a reason, but they kept their mouths shut haha

5. #45 TheMilkman420, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    malcroft is a disgruntled glass district user.

good theory, except the warts are usually on areas where there are no welds.

find me a picture of a wart covering a weld.

6. The main problem with some dwb is how the stem is slapped on at whatever angle it does, just looks awful too me, some of the stems look decent, but most look janky.

7. Disgruntled by your guerilla marketing that goes through all forums, yes. You got told off there, you will be told off here as soon as people educate themselves on glass. And yea, not only to cover up welds but also bends and excess blowout. You asking for examples?

Blowout:
    [​IMG]
    Bend:
    [​IMG]
    Weld:
    [​IMG]

He doesnt use them "artistically", they are there for a reason. Namely to structurally improve weak points. If the bends/welds arent botched, and if its a model with no/rare stress points there most probably wont be warts - also seen on many pieces in the DWB thread.

8. the worst part imo is their marketing guys, milkman in particular and those headache videos lol.

9. #49 Mysteryman3000, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    It's the fact that you go out of your way to make a big deal out of small imperfections, especially since every glass artist sends out imperfect pieces.

I've read on GC of crooked trees on SGs, I've personally seen several itza with incomplete cuts into their percs or badly distributed slits, burned color work, I've seen a toro with a finger print in the color work. There is a fuck your crew for sale near me, if you look past the electroplating you can see the 7 arm is crooked making the slits badly uneven. Toro was well known for several years for having excessively weak stems. Yet all these reasons are used as to why you shouldn't buy Chinese glass.

Justin on here had a bad expereince with ALT because of a scratched up SG. Do you really think it got scratched up by alt when it was in bubble wrap and foam? No Steve sent ALT a scratched up piece. At least if your not satisfied drew will remake your piece.

10. and you see this just about every time with dwb

11. Honestly you DWB crew boys are just grasping for straws. Malcroft raises completely legitimate points, backs them up, and then you spout this pure nonsense and the DWB fanboys clamor to support you. You think you're fooling any of the real connoisseurs here?

12. There is a slight difference between a scratch in a production piece and the essential flaws in the construction and assembly department (meaning missing skills) that I pointed out.

Well not a slight one, a huge one.

13. #53 nickkres707, May 18, 2011
    you guys are just mad people are getting high diffusion pieces for much cheaper

14. #54 VT_killah, May 18, 2011
    Not to further this argument but you pretty much made the point for your opposition.

Yes, of course Toro and SG and other companies put out flawed pieces: They are human after all. But, its really a matter of how often.

The vast majority of Toro/Sovereignty/Itza etc. is essentially flawless. On the other hand the vast majority of DWB is flawed, with very few examples of pristine pieces here and there. Go to a headshop that carries Sovereignty and tell me how many stemlines you see with clear flaws. I bet you won't find many, and if you do I bet the flaw will be miniscule. When I browse through the DWB thread it seems most every piece has several flaws..

15. #55 bostonbuds87, May 18, 2011
    wrong.....do you have eyes? can you read? That`s clearly not the issue.... Everyone made valid points what you just said is a statement with nothing to back it up. I own a SG pillar, and I am nowhere near jealous of anyones DWB piece......i would gladly pay extra for better quality with no defects. To be honest i didnt used to be so harsh towards dwb until i did some research, i was actually considering buying one. Sure his work got better, but he still released his bad stuff to people who used their hard earned money, thats fucked up.

16. dwb fanboys are like the nazi party in germany, spreading their propaganda to the weak minded

17. You got to be fucking kidding me?

18. #58 adamhari25, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
    What is there to kid? We just made light of the whole 'dwb fanboys grasping at straws and bringing to the surface nonsensical points to draw away from the legitimate points raised regarding DWB production' and not a page later do we get

"you guys are just mad people are getting high diffusion pieces for much cheaper "

How long until a ninjapimp comes in here, spouting about how different his work has gotten over the months? Give me a break, and then milkman will come back with some videos of the one of a kind DWB piece that you WILL NEVER GET, because DWB can't make a 1:1 replication of perfection, for them clean work is something that just happens seemingly randomly, a small percentage of the time. Hey that sounds a bit like luck doesn't it? if you disagree just wait and see ;D

19. funny the only people defending DWB are the people that own one, hmmm is that your subconscious trying to justify your purchase, or is it just your ego just not letting you grasp the facts of the situation?

20. And how does this make DWB fans nazis? Please dont de-legitimize the holocaust by referencing it in such trivial matters.