Sexism in Science ft. Milo Yiannopoulos

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jane_Bellamont, Jul 4, 2016.

1. All the obsession with Islam aside, let's start bringing some fresh content into this forum.

Feminism and science - are there actually any obstacles barring women from entering into the fields of science, or could it be that women (in general) aren't usually interested let alone competitive enough to want to work alongside men?

So why is it that women spend so much time in the kitchen, and yet males make the best chefs, and steal the spotlight on shows like The F Word or Masterchef?

Why is it that hairdressing is a female dominated industry, and yet the world's best hairdressers are usually males? (albeit often, gay men....??)

Think it's time to deeply think about these issues for once. Could it be that most feminists are more concerned with saying the right thing (more women need to be accepted into the science fields!), as opposed to doing the right thing (studying their asses off and actually earning said degrees?)

2. Wow that women got destroyed especially at 2:30

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's embarrassing, really. So people need to tread on eggshells around women while they're studying in science because they 'cry more?'

Gtfo .. lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. I've screwed up a lot in my lifetime, although I've never blamed any of it on sexism or homophobia or anything. I've always taken responsibility for it.

• Like Like x 4
  5. That's how it should be but sometimes it's not 100% your fault on some cases though

Also this one I can't even tell if this is set up or not why would Sky News accept this?

They really need better people to represent this feminist movement because I don't know what the hell is going with all these weird feminists

• Like Like x 2
  6. God. Shoot me .. lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. As one of the comments put it, only hot women should be allowed to work in cold offices if that's the case..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Can someone please explain to me why is it important where women go? and why is it women? plural, its individual people. This is a serious inquiry.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on making all avenues of life acceptable to everyone? equally?
    In other words, worry about making sure all sexes have no real social restrictions. And when I say all sexes, I mean including gender fluidity, some of us choose to sexually identify as an attack helicopter, and we should have that right.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Gender differences in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and computer science (STEM) programs at university

So enough young graduating women do go into scientific fields, just not as many go into higher mathematics, engineering. Instead opting for biology.

10. #10 Rotties4Ever, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/brains-men-and-women-aren-t-really-different-study-finds

Could the reasons therefore be more sociological and less neurological?

11. I think it's fair to say that women have it pretty damn good in Western society. Feminism would be much better off put to good use in the middle east, as well as many other third world countries like India, etc.

3rd wave feminism is a bag full of first world problems. I don't even know why there are still feminists around arguing stuff. Even Trudeau is giving it up .. lol

12. -Ron Paul
    Replace 'Racism' with 'Sexism'.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's a shame that Libertarianism has been polluted by the far-right with their authoritarian wall-building and religious profiling ambitions.

They want to protect people's right to wield the confederate flag, and yet, muslim women wearing a cloth over their heads is offensive.

I'd say .. let everyone do and say whatever the hell they want so long as it doesn't infringe upon other people's rights. It's so basic, I can't believe we keep making excuses to circumvent this rule.

14. I completely agree. Therefore why does the state get to take advantage of these excuses? Governments around the world should be held to that same exact rule. Taking money from an individual's income every paycheck and from every sales transaction against their will is a tire infringement upon that individuals human rights. So why is it ok to infringe on individual rights if you call yourself the government but not if you are an individual?

15. #15 TioW42, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    Then I should walk into a bank with a crash helmet or in a airport with a balaclava by that logic. Also I should be able to wear a burka in a muslim neighborhood even though I'm a male but obviously that's not a good idea

An idea of a women wearing a burqa is empowering is ludicrous when it seems to me her chances of being fully part of society and her chance of getting a job is significantly diminished. We want to live with people who will accept our values and culture and we want be a tolerated society but we don't want to live in a divided society. I think the point of the full covering of the face is that we see this as a symbol of a divided and ghettoized culture. We want to live together and not in a improvised segregation where one side is completely different to the other and doesn't want to have anything to do with them

16. As far as I know, women wearing burqas are required to take it off in airports and banks.

Society will always be diverse and wanting everyone to think the same way as you do is a fantasy that can only be implemented at gun-point, at best.

It's generally wiser just to learn how to come to agreements and middle-grounds with people who have different world views.

I agree though that there is no point in having a multicultural society if you're gonna have Chinese neighbourhoods, black neighbourhoods, latino neighbourhoods, muslim, etc. If we are to be a multicultural society, everybody must participate with everybody else, speak the same language, and if they don't like the idea, then a secular multicultural country is not for them.

I've personally never been able to get along with other latinos and people from my culture, I've always enjoyed the company of European/Western people better, so multiculturalism worked well for me.

Cultures have always been at the mercy of travel technology, and as travel technology advances, multiculturalism will only grow, because it's a natural trend, it's what people generally want. You now have Korean kids dressing hip-hop and ghetto, Russians listening to rock'n roll and techno, Arabs creating their own pop music, etc.

The internet is also a tool that is responsible for mixing cultures together.

Very soon we will have interplanetary and space cultures, considering how it's harder to travel to Mars than it is to travel to Hawaii.

17. Why do you want to control other people's lives?

Muslims who come to the West from other regions should be allowed to lead their lives in whatever way they see fit as long as it does not break any local laws.

What business is it of yours what a woman wears?

18. I don't mind at all, if they want to look more alien then let them!

• Like Like x 1
  19. #19 TioW42, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    Actually in a lot of countries they're allowed to go into a bank with it just like that Australian guy said he went in the bankwearing a burka despite being a man. Turkey being a muslim country fully banned the burka and Syria has just banned it on it's university ground surprisingly. I don't mind the scarf but a full face covering is ridiculous. Let's don't forget her being a fully part of society and getting a job would do her great.
    There's something called integration you know? Some are good at it some are not. One thing for sure is that freedom and sharia law is incompatible unless executing gays and stoning women to death is considered freedom now

20. #20 TioW42, Jul 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    What so her potential to be a fully part of society and getting a job shouldn't be accountable? Those 2 things would benefit her greatly. Why should she they be allowed to wear burka's in a Bank when your not allowed to wear a balaclava in a bank? I know a ton of muslims that don't like how islam almost forces them to wear it as well they might not be extremist but you get the point. I should wear a balaclava or KKK costume where ever I go because I see it fits my life according to your logic. it' Also you said bombings against British civilians is justified which you clearly admitted so I don't think you should take away anyone's life

• Like Like x 1