Sexing Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by B-dazzle, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Alright, I've been checking the Sexing Topic but I still need some help becuase I dont want to end up ripping up the wrong plants. But Most of my plants have like a ball but two white things coming out. Does this mean they are female since they got the white hairs? Also can anyone tell me the sex of this picture. It's somewhat of a crappy picture but any help is appreciated.
    Magnified - Marijuana Pictures, Photos & Videos - Grasscity.com Media Gallery
    Here is my plants so far to if anyone wants to comment on them. http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMG_02462.jpg

2. They look like they are either females to me or not fully showing, but it's really hard to tell with that picture (I know, you weren't looking for a critique, lol). If you visit them daily, you can go a little bit longer before you have to decide whether to chop them down, and wait until balls appear if you aren't sure. The first part, "if you visit them daily" is key, because they can come on pretty quickly if you're not watching.

3. Alright Thanks. I check them every two days because they are pretty far back and dont have time to visit everyday. But yeah I had to take a picture through a magnifying glass so it is a crappy picture lol but its all good. But what size are the balls usually because in that picture it used to be a little ball but now it has a bunch of white things coming out. It looked as if it burst open.

4. The bunch of white things is a good sign :) They are called pistils if they are what I think they are - basically little white hairs. Those would be female flowers :hello:

5. Alright. That means I have 5 out of 7 plants that are for sure female. Pretty good luck from a random mix of seeds off of the internet.

6. kool man, congrats !!

7. thats lucky alot of people dont even get the "50/50" that people say is the rough ratio for males/females, good stuff mate