sexing plants.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by fuzzyOne401, Nov 26, 2011.

1. I know flourescent lights are no good for flowering but can I use florescent just to flower a clone to sex it. Yeild wont matter I'm just sexing it.

2. Yeah, but use a warmer color than is used for veg (i.e. warm white), and keep it close for faster results

3. What exactly do you mean by that? Why would yield not matter?

4. I think he means that he will re-veg it, not try to produce bud under a CFL.

5. I just want to sex the clone so ill know if the mother is female

6. Yo Fuzzy !! I have had some fantastic success with CFL's . I grow with a combination of CFL's and T-5's grow very well, HPS and the high heat bulbs are great if you can deal with the heat issue

From your post it sounds like you got some clones from somewhere that the provider did not know what sex it was. Your provider didn't wait long enough to sex the plant before taking a cutting. In my book not good like buying a used car and not knowing if it will run.

To directly answer your question I would at least let the plant grow enough so that when you turn your light cycle to 12/12 that sexing would be easier. Yes CFL's are good enough to do what you want to do.

Herb