Sexing Of My Plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by godius, May 5, 2009.

1. Hi guys, i have started growing 2 seeds about 6 weeks ago. Im not sure what type the seeds were, but they are growing very strong. I kept them inside under a desklamp for the first week or so, then i left them outside during the day, and night.

I live in spain, and the weather has been quite good in the last 6 weeks.

Today i went to check on my plants, and it became quite clear to me that i was already able to tell the sex of the plants. AFTER 6 WEEKS ALREADY. Of course this is waaaay too soon. Other years when i was growing outside it took at least 4 months before I was able to tell, and back then i started growing around the same time as i was now.

Below you can see 2 pictures, one of each plant. Its clear to me that the top one is male, and the bottom one is female. Am i right?? Im no growing pro, but i think i know what to look for.

male right?
    [​IMG]

female right?
    [​IMG]

How is it possible that my plants show their sexes already after such a short period of growing?

2. They are great looking plants even though one is a male.
    You are right one is male and the other is female.
    A lot of female cannabis plants show preflower around the 6 week period (while vegging or in flowering), it depends on strain and conditions.
    But heads up, you have very healthy plants there, nice bushy indicas.
    Seeing as you dont know what strain it is, you could get a good harvest her. If i were you, i'd collect some pollen from the male and pollenate some lower branches of the female, for seeds for you next grow. There would be no harm in it.

3. thanks for the quick reply.

when does the male plant become dangarous to the female? i have the plants on my balcony, and i dont want the male plant to turn the female into a male. i heard this can happen.

4. Usually you'd have them seperated from eachother. Other than that you can constantly keep an eye on them to judge the right time to cut the bananas off. Open them and collect the pollen from them. Store the pollen in the fridge untill you want to pollinate the bud/s. Some people mix the pollen with flour and paint the mixture unto whatever buds/pistils they want to seed.

5. The last time you fucked a woman (assuming you actually have) did she turn into a male? Plants dont, either.

6. LOL, i presumed he was talking about the male pollinating the female.

But, if he means the male being around the female will turn her hermie, the answer is no. It's the opposite, females turn hermie due to stress, thinking it's going to die before it has had enough time to get pollinated, so she'll produce her own female pollen.

7. I always reckon 6 to 8 weeks to show sex, my first this year was after 6 weeks. Perfectly normal.