Sexing a plant yet again

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ravine22, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Terrified to death to not be sure on whether or not these are female plants. I just dont want to contaminate my fully flowering female. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The unmarked plant is the one i know for sure.

Attached Files:

2. #2 InvasionANC, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Male and female plant's reproductive organs look significantly different. If you had males you wouldn't see pistils like that at all, rather you would be looking at little nubs that sort of resemble a bundle of grapes as they develop. If you're worried about hermaphroditic branches, you'll have to personally check each node. If the whole plant becomes a hermaphrodite, it will be quite obvious because numerous seed pods will develop at the base of the branches where they grow from the main stem. They look like girls to me.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thanks, i just cant be too sure there are areas where it is more pistol-ish looking with no hairs yet, but also not quite a ball sack either. Thanks for the help, i will continue to keep my eyes on them, hard to believe that might really be going 4/4 from bag seeds. 3 mystery machine×scooby snacks and 1 that i have no idea what it is was just a left over seed. You've made my day

4. Well, bag seed is most often the product of "nanners", female pollen sacks that form later into flowering when a plant is stressed out or if you are dealing with unknown genes. As it is a female pollinating itself, you are dealing with purely female genetics. I started with bagseeds, and my suggestion to you is to learn as much as possible from this grow and then move on to something better. I recommend ordering a few seeds (I have had good luck ordering from The Vault as well as Bonza Seeds) next time, genetics make all the difference in the world.

In my case, I also got all females the first time and the bud was actually quite worthwhile. The next time around I wasn't so lucky. Even though I got all females again, two of them barely produced any bud at all. That, my friend, is a major risk when dealing with inbred seeds.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Grasscity Forum mobile app