severe underwatering, will it stop flowering?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MN_northernherb, Sep 22, 2012.

1. #1 MN_northernherb, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012
    So i have a couple outdoor plants this year and one is quite large. The large plant is in full flowering mode and was starting to put on weight. I watered it and didnt return for for 2 days and when i did it was drooping but still healthy. i watered it and it perked up by by the next day.

i didnt return for three days (which hadn't been a problem before but i think with the plant putting on weight it was using more water). when i returned the plant was drooping hard and the leaves were quite wilted/tacoed. they were not crispy, but the plant was mad at me.

the plant has since returned to life and i have been watering it every other day now. but the plant killed off half of its leaves. In the past 4 days i have seen little to no growth. The plant is not dying and the remaining leaves and all the buds look healthy (but the pistols (sp?) did droop).

However, the plant seems to have stopped putting on weight... Did i screw myself over? is it possible that i just stunted it a bit and it will start putting on weight again now? or given too much stress will a plant just say screw it, give up and quit flowering?

its really sad, because before it wilted plant was as happy and healthy as could be. the pistols(sp?) were exploding, it was frosting nicely and putting on weight. now it seems dormant.

FML.

thanks for the help

(my other three plants are happy and healthy, but combined they are about the size of the large plant in question...)

2. i guess the weather for the past 4 days (that i havent seen growth in) hasnt been that great, part/mostly cloudy with scattered light showers. so maybe i'm just freaking out.

but can a plant stop putting on weight/quit flowering if it endures too much stress?

3. Yeah I was thinking the weather too, great to see a grower 'communicating" with his plants
    but you gotta listen harder, consider putting in it's soil next grow some of those watering crystals, that swell and are used by the plant, in times of shortage.
    Even consider having an emergency supply on hand at the site, that may weep down on a wick, say 1-2 pints every 2-3 hours,
    if you piss off your plant it will show you by late maturity, and other horrible tricks.

peace
    "V"

4. ya i sense it will slow its maturity by atleast a week... live and learn i guess. the big issue is that i can only carry so much water.

but things seem to be getting back on track now. i'm seeing a little bit of growth now, though slow.