Setup. Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GeeNine, May 23, 2009.

1. Right. Recently I have been very interested in growing indoors. I have read the "Cannabis Grow Bible", watched around 5 DVDs (one of them with a green dude in it). And I feel I have a decent amount of knowledge.

My plans are to use a section of my attic room to set up a grow room for continuous growth, whilst maximizing the yield, but growing in shortest amount of time.

I have around £500 to spend on equipment. I'd defiantly want to use a HPS, for flowering. Below are some questions.

1) Can I use florescent tubes for vegetation? I've seen this done on 2 DVDs. The vegetation room will also hold the mother.

2) Due to money issues, I cant afford to have an inline fan in the vegetation room, probably just an oscillator fan. Would this be ok?

It's worth noting in the flowering room I am going to use an inline fan with a carbon filter and a fan to take fresh air into the room. As well as an oscillator.

The whole space available to set up the 2 rooms is around 12ft in length, 5ft in depth and 5ft in height. Of course I am not going to be able to grow these plants very tall, but how many plants do you think I could grow in that space?

2. Careful about an attic setup, temps can be very difficult to control.

Yes you can use fluoros for vegging. The real problem with fluoros is that people don't use enough of them and/or don't keep them close enough to the plants.

Both rooms will need a source of fresh air, an oscillating fan will only blow around the air already in there.

Standard rule of thumb, which often should be bent but at least its a starting point, is one sq ft per plant.

3. Thank you for the reply.

The attic room is the only place I have to grow, its a student house but it's secure and I'm the only one that has lived in this house for a year. The landlord lives on the other side of the country. I have to say though it does get cold up here in cold days. Ive known attics to be hot, but this one isn't.

How would I go about controlling temps?

Another thing is, helicopters do fly around the area, could this be a problem with thermal cameras?