Setting up Ventilation in a Mini-Fridge

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by dakattack101, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Hey so, I'm trying to make a mini-fridge grow box, but I've run into a major problem. I want to be able to cut holes in the fridge in order to place some PC fans in there, but I don't have anything to cut the holes with (especially not something expensive like a drill or dremel). I have some money, but I'm really on a tight budget (college student), is there anywhere I can go that they might be able to cut holes in the fridge for me so I can place the fans? Or are there any cheaper alternatives?

2. Nope. I don't know of any place, other than a friend who has the needed equipment, you could go and get holes cut in something, and cutting holes through the door/walls of a refrigerator would be a very suspicious request.

Can you borrow a drill from someone? Even rent one from a place like Home Depot? You still would need a hole cutter to attach to it.

3. get a hole saw and a arbor from home depot, they have some cheap ones that should do the job just make sure you drill a pilot hole through the fridge first with the arbor bit, then attach the hole saw and drill away, this will keep the arbor bit from breaking.

sorry i didnt see the part about not having a drill :(

4. go to home depot...get the drill, get the arbor, make the holes return the dril, get refund....

5. #5 TheJokester, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2010
    No no no... I'm trying the same thing all you need is somthing hard enough to poke through the metal then just use a pair of tin cutters [ame=http://www.amazon.com/KR-Tools-11224-Straight-Aviation/dp/B002Q8HH5A/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1288472318&sr=8-6]Amazon.com: KR Tools 11224 Pro Series Straight Cut Aviation Tin Snips: Home Improvement: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame] about 5 bucks give or take a little. Those are like shears they will cut through any plastic and metal. Warning!!! The leave some very nasty sharp edges!!! Also to cut the plastic inside just poke and cut with the tin snips(the plastic is very easy to puncture so be careful!. To cover up the jagged edges when your done just buy a bottle of silicone sealant and cover or fill the excess space between the tube/whatever your using to get the air in. Im using Pvc pipping. Gl

My mini fridge is on its way!!!

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/687023-diy-micro-grow.html