setting up my mother room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by luis650787, Dec 17, 2008.

1. well im setting up my mother room and i need some help i am using a waterfarm hydro unit and a sun systum 160Whps on side a hydro hut and i have a 4"vortex fan woul this set up work
    what should my temputure be between
    and what should my PH rang be plz help me
    thank you

2. that should do ..vortex fan is alittle much for veg/mother room..table/oscillating fan will do.... temps should be in the mid 20celcius.... Ph would depend on your medium, rockwool is 5.5, soil is 6.3ish i think...not sure of much else....

good luck..luis

3. thanks the reason y i got the 4" vortex fan wa because i plan on connecting another room to it that is going to have 8 plants and my medium is coco pelats

4. You can never go wrong with a bigger fan. If you need to, you can get a speed controller for the fan and turn it down to whatever speed you need.

Temps should stay between 72 and 78 Degrees Fahrenheit ideally. 85 is too hot, and 60 is too cold for lighted temps. Unlighted temps are different obviously.

5. #5 Mr.Tangent, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008
    ya if you plan on having another room 4 vortex will do just fine....

i exhaust my veg/mother room right into my larger flowering room, and it works quite well, especially in the colder months....
    I use a 6in duct booster fan with a speed control. i adjust the speed control to keep my veg room around 25celcius, on colder weeks i slow it down and turn it up for hotter days.....my flower room has a temp controller so if it gets hotter faster it will just kick my exhaust fan in my flower box ON more often to keep the temps down.....

6. I used to have my exhaust running from the veg room into the flower room, but they met in a "Y" and never mixed air from room to room. Another good idea is to add an extra intake fan on the same control as the exhaust. That way you're bringing colder air in as hot air is expelled resulting in more rapid cooling. Shorter fan cycles, less often.

7. This is my ventilation setup for my grow room.

Attached Files:

8. you should use a MH bulb for mothers. I also recommend soil for the mothers unless you are needing an assload of cuttings on a monthly basis.

I grow DWC hydro but my 5 mothers are in ffof soil. I get plenty of cuttings for my setup and the soil is less maintenance than a hydro setup.

linedrivr

9. thanks ill take those ideas into concideration
    but what should my humitidy level be ?
    i have no clue

10. RH (Relative Humidity) should be between around 45 and 55 for vegging and 25-40 for flowering. More humidity in flowering can promote mold, so that's the important time for humidity to be more or less in check.

11. thanks for the help
    and lets say i wanted my mother to stop growing up into the light sense i have it in a hydro hut i should just top it right ???????:confused:

12. #12 ricard0, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2008

You've got a couple options for maintaining the height of your plant. Topping is one option but is better done early in life to encourage a bushier lass.

You could also Train/Bend the b!tch over to one side and tie her down, make her grow where you want. Man, this post is gettin me hot. Lol.

Yet another option is to get yourself a product called "Bushmaster" i believe, or something similar. I've heard they can halt vertical grow almost completely. Although i've never used it and can't personally recommend it.

These are only a few ways to deal with an old lady outgrowing her shoe. Ha ha.......yeah.:smoking:

13. when the shoots are growing into the lamp and you dont need cuttings at that time, just cut them off and trash them. she will continue new shoots quickly. for every 4 cuttings I need, I have to trash 20 due to the bitch needing a haircut...lol

thats why I suggested you grow mothers in soil. they still grow fast but not to fast like hydro.

just a tip from been there, done that.

linedrivr

14. alright thanks for the help guys
    and i was wondering if i veg longer than one month lets say 1.5 or 2 i will get a better yeild ???

15. Generally,the bigger the plant grows, the more it will yield. It's as simple as that. Also, as the plant ages, it increases in potency.;)

16. #16 ricard0, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2008
    Good call on the soil for mothers. Since mothers don't need to be a producer for bud themselves, they really don't need to grow as fast as they possibly can.

A hydro reservoir may provide enough room for her to continue growing past the height/size you would prefer. She'll become root bound in a pot, but since she's already established and used to being pruned, she'll manage just fine. :D

17. Gold. Pure gold. Good advice there Osh. He can also consider LST/or similar training methods to keep his canopy in accord with the lights.:wave:

18. thank i never knew about that last part

19. yea good thing i got a 15 foot hight limit :)

20. #20 ricard0, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008
    Sure. The overall potency of the lineage your growing will increase with the age of the plant.

Say you grew a seed, vegged it and took clones from her. Grown to maturity, the clones will have more favorable characteristics in general than the mother. Say you took clones of the clones. Technically, since the clones came from clones of the seed, the overall age of the newest clones is the same age as the seed mother.

These subsequent generations will likely become more and more refined. This is the basic process of dialing in a phenotype. Getting the strain to be all it can be. That's one of the reasons why two growers can grow the same strain the same way and not have the same quality:wave: