Setting up my Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ClosetGrowNTK, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Hey, Im trying to grow some bud for personal use and then some for friends. Nothing much just 3 or 4 plants in my closet. My closet is 2 feet deep, 6 feet wide, and 10 feet tall. It is a fairly big closet and was hoping to use the 4 feet at the top for veg and the bottom 6 feet for flower. (So 12 plants total, 4 seedlings, 4 veg, and 4 flowering. I don't know what lights to use, how often to water, how often to give nutrients. This will be my first grow and want it to be good. Keep in mind that I don't want to get an expensive ballis. Im thinking that I'm going to go with CFLs but I'm not sure about how many watts. Thanks step by step would be helpful and give me some set up tips.

Attached Files:

2. You can get 150w hps lights for around $65. They will be adequate for a 2x2 space each light, so buy 3 or work your way up from 1. You could have maybe a 42w CFL off to the side just for seedlings. You have such a tall grow space that it would be a shame to waste it with a CFL light system.

Have good ventilation with an air filter and an oscillating fan.
    Source the purest possible water, RO>distilled>filtered>tap.
    Ideally test with TDS meter and pH meter so that you can adjust nutrients properly and maintain 6.5 pH.
    Water enough to get 20% runoff. Don't water again until almost dry; a soil meter can help determine this.
    No nutes for 3-4 weeks, then every other water at 1/4 strength in veg and 1/2 strength in flower.
    Flush with your pot size's equivalent in water about every 4 weeks.

3. Hey, thanks and what do you mean. I will have 4 plants. So in the flowering section, (bottom) I should have 1 hps or 3? Also what lights in veg/seedlings. What pot size would I use. I see 1 gallon per foot but there is much controversy over that. Thanks helps a lot.