Seriously Blades, we need to help this woman!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ElectroMage, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Mom of 4 reflects on first year in prison for $31 pot sale

This shit is heartbreaking. She gets 12 years for selling $31 dollars worth of weed to a u/c cop in Oklahoma. She was a first time offender. Now she is rotting in jail. What can we do for her? I know this story has floated around on here before. But fuck, she's been in a year now, she has young kids, she needs to be released. If we raise enough hell maybe? Fucking Oklahoma hicks. I want to help her (and all the rest of people in jail for ridiculous shit like this) :(

2. I read this before. Idk what we can do to help her but if there is i would love to help.

3. She should have known it was a pig when he tried to buy "31 dollars of marijuana". I mean wtf who does that?

4. 3 dimes and a blunt?

5. The comments in that article are atrocious. I hope S.S.Tul gets sentenced to 12 years for speeding. Put that federal law into perspective.

Seriously, people like that need to be grouped up and sat in a corner with 'retard' hats on their heads. Or perhaps "blind bible-strapping fool".

Nay, the stocks would be more appropriate than prison. I'd love to huck tomatoes at her while smoking a joint. It's no more than these fools deserve.

6. The $31 is more than likely what the police labelled the price as, not what she was selling it for. A lot of times the cops in the U.S. will bust a guy with a few pounds, break that into half-gram joints and then apply the most ridiculous street prices ever heard of on each individual joint. In the end, you have street dealers with $20,000 worth of weed in a small baggy in their pockets.

Also, I always have a hard time reading these articles and believing everything I see. While I feel the plea of a fellow toker (She insists she does not smoke lol), these media outlets always exaggerate stories in their interest. I know of a girl just recently who had a very similar sounding case and we all felt for her when she opened up at a party and told us about her situation. Later on, a long-time friend of hers confided in me that the story was altogether different than the reality. The reality was a lot more gruesome and she was quite deserving of the sentence she ended up getting.

Then again there are cases like Richard Paey (Google it), where the guy got raided by a SWAT team and thrown in jail for three years when a car accident left him crippled and his doctor prescribed pain killers were above the legal limit for possession and The State charged him for trafficking. There was zero evidence of him trafficking and he was taken away from his family and locked in a hole for three years.