Serious Question - Is God Against Drugs?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by hookahlove, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Obviously, I do not believe God is against cannabis in any way, shape or form. In fact, I believe cannabis is the tree of life and needs to be shared as the healing of nations. I also believe Jesus was Annointed with an oil that contained hashish mixed in oils.

Anyways, would God object to a human using drugs recreationally, or even to enhance one's life?

To clarify, by God I don't mean some white guy with a beard in the sky, I mean an underlying force in the universe that governs the laws of karma.

I guess I kind of answered my own question in a way, it's all relative isn't it?

I think in order to have something great, such as a few drug combo, you must give up something else (even that drug combo, for at least a little bit). It's almost built in in nature in the form of tolerance. But how does it affect your path karmically? As in, does taking more drugs lead to a buildup of negative karma?

Does taking any drugs at all lead to a negative karma leading to more often arrests, or does abstaining and only using once in a while perhaps boost your karma even, making you safer from the law and other negative forces who would seek to punish you?

I know people will say, "Duh, use less, get busted less" but that's just too simple. There are people who use very little and still get busted and other people who use tons and never get busted. But, I'd like to know why in terms of karma.

2. God created all the plants and herbs that exist. I'm convinced that He has in fact created them for health and medicinal purposes. However, the overindulgence and abuse of anything is not what was intended. God calls us to be "sober of mind".

3. Well said. :D

4. that is only your god. many peoples gods around the world including many natives living abroad practice the use of mind-enhancing and altering drugs in accord with their spiritual world.

5. You say that's only "your" God, but the reality is that it being my God affects your perception merely because we use the same word. :) Thus, the True God must allow for both of our perceptions, and thus denotations. :p