September Macro Thread [Tons of shots]

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Durchii, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Kind of premature, I know but I'm bored today so I figured I would post up some of the shots I've been taking since the beginning of the month. Here's the thing though, since I did this pretty early; I'm going to post most of the shots that I have, go out, take more, come back and keep posting them for another week or so.. Maybe even until the end of the month.

Take it easy blades!

:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Damn dude you have a great deal of talent for photography. I would pay good money for the 2nd picture of the ladybug. I like that one alot for some reason.

Peace-
    LB89

3. Impressive man, great eye! :wave:

4. Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

5. Wow, your a great photographer. Very very professional, nice job man.

6. Awesome Durchii. Love the dandilion and (furry?) mosquito shots the best. Im so fucking jealous you get to go out and shoot! Hopefully my repaired camera or store credit for replacement is on its way. Only a few weeks of summer shooting left here in Chicago. Anways, sweet ass pics as usual.:D

7. I know what you mean NPS, we're just coming into our first fall frosts and the flowers are slowly dying. I'm planning a final road trip up to the Denver Botanic Gardens this Sunday to see what I can get.. hopefully the weather stays as nice as it has been.

Fuck, Mother Nature obviously isn't a macro shooter. :p

8. Oh yea, NPS, I forgot to ask; Have you been using extension tubes much? I'm guessing you are just by taking a look at a few of your shots, but I'm not sure.

I'll need a few bucks that I don't exactly have right now, but eventually I'll be buying this Kenko set for my lens. Definitely a good investment, if you ask me.

9. You got the 50mm macro right? Mines 35mm, maybe I should have went with 50mm... Hm. Decisions...

10. Nope, mine's the 100mm f/2.8. From what I hear, Zuiko made your 35mm lens pretty decently.. just keep practicing! Everything falls into place when you start using your camera like anoher limb.

:p

11. Never used extension tubes Durchii, I barely understand what they are:D Some sort of magnification instrument/add on from what I can acertain from general knowledge. I am still acclimating myself to all the tools of the trade...s l o w l y. Dude, botanical gardens are a choice fuckin spot for macro-fiends...you will have a blast (if you havent checked one out before). Have a great shoot.

edit-ok durch, I see from your link what "tubes" look like...gonna have to git me some of dem for sure....

12. Yeah, I'll definitely keep doing what I can with it.

But damn, I chased around a dragonfly for a good 10 minutes the other day, didn't even get close to a decent picture! I swear that guy was just messing with me. Damn flying bugs. :(

13. See what they do is move the lens farther away from the camera body, bringing it closer to the subject and proving 2-3x magnification.

And yea, I've never been to botanical gardens before so they should be pretty good. I need to live on the fucking equator.. winter doesn't look promising. :rolleyes:

14. Yea, that would be pretty difficult at 35mm - you have to get very close. Either buy a 2x teleconverter or a lens with a longer focal length.. let me see what Zuiko has and I'll get back to you.

15. Haha, Durch, we should plan a macro trip to the fucking amazon rainforest dog.

Can you imagine the insects we could capture? We might get eaten by an anaconda or something...but fuck it, anything for the art right? Man that would be sweet, I will bring the Cheeba...you bring the sidearms:D

16. Crap, Junkie. Looks like the largest they make is a 50mm, which will definitely be better than what you're using but you'll still be getting pretty close. Olympus is pretty moronic if you ask me.. wait a minute, I think Sigma makes lenses with Olympus mounts. Let me see... damn it all, they don't.

I'm really surprised, Olympus used to be at the top of the game when it came to 35mm systems.. I think they really shot themselves in the foot with this one.

17. Don't forget the mosquito nets!

18. Definitely. Maybe they'll come out with some better lenses at some point but I'm really starting to look into a decent priced alternative. I don't know when I'll be able to afford an upgrade though...

Ah well, I'll keep trying. Perhaps I should get my manual back and start that up again too.

19. Man those photos are absolutely beautiful, although me and bees, wasps, etc. don't get along too well haha.

20. You'd be amazed at the things you can ignore when your focusing on taking a picture... I'm scared to death of spiders until I get a camera between me and them, but the minute I've taken the picture I'll run away like a little pansy. :p