Seperating and reconnecting

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by ChronBong, Aug 27, 2013.

1. So some of you may know, I made a thread around a month ago about how I was talking to this girl long distance and I was thinking about ending it with her. We weren't exclusive but I know for a fact we both considered each other "ours".

So I did that but a week later I texted her again because I missed her. We started talking again. So fast forward to now, I'm in college and she's back in school. We agreed that next summer when she comes up near me, we are going to meet. The thing is, inbetween that time, we decided it would be best to stop talking to each other because of both of our busy lives and were both entering new chapters in our lives. We don't want each other to miss out on anything and itd be hard to manage each other so we want to make it so we can pull through a whole year and still feel the same about each other. So we thought this would be best for us.

We're going to talk during Christmas and every vacation I have which is like every 5 weeks. So next time I'm home will be October 6 I think. I know it's not a long time but it feels like it will be forever. I'm still living my life at college but she's the last thing I think about every night.

We're both scared that were going to find someone else or just not feel the same afterwards. Even though there's plenty of girls, I don't think they can replace her. She always has guys over her but she said the same, they can't replace me. The night before I left we told each other everything. Things we didn't think we knew. we stayed up till 3 on the phone. So because of this, I do trust her.

I'm worried though because anything could happen. We know this will make us stronger if we get through it and we know this is healthier because we won't get sick of each other this way and there's the mutual respect of wanting each other to carry on with life and have fun. It will test us to see if we are really compatible.

Like who knows, we could be an open relationship for years and talk to people on the side so we still live our lives and then realize that were meant for each other. Anything could happen.

This is basically a rant because I'm scared and i miss this girl. There is no question because the answer is simple. if things arent the same afterwards, then we arent meant for each other, and if we come back stronger, then thats fucking fantastic. I wanted some input from people in a ldr or people who have been in a similar situation. I just wanted to let this out

2. Follow your gut feeling. Only time will tell at this point.